Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Applied a week ago but no reply yet?

• Tony_D 32 posts

I applied for the Barclaycard Avios plus card a week ago but not heard anything back? Should I have had a confirmation of my application at least?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Some did, some didn’t, looking at other feedback.

If you email me your details (rob at headforpoints.com) I can forward to Barclaycard to take a look. There are delays with despatching cards so it’s not so unusual that you haven’t had the plastic yet.

dougzz99 619 posts

I was told on the web application pending further information. A couple of days later the card appeared in my Barclays banking app, I then received a generic text that new Barclaycards were flying of the shelf. I await any actual confirmation emails, or letters and the card.
    It seems the whole thing is the standard banking idea of premium, as in random.

harley 109 posts

Similar to Doug , got the generic text and an email to say my statement is ready but nothing about the card details, credit limit etc or if i was approved. Just got my card PIN through the post this morning so i reckon they will all start arriving this week so keep an eye out for the post

CarpalTravel 363 posts

My PIN arrived this morning (no card). Despite being very careful and trying different edges & corners, the glue was so strong it just ripped off the top layer of the paper! After some careful moistening and tweezer action I was able to see it. I know I can (or will in time be able to) view the PIN in the app, but that I did think was rather special.

Tony_D 32 posts

Received a letter this morning declining my application. First time I have had a credit card application action declined 🙂. Credit score 999, no outstanding debt/mortgage and a comfortable salary 🤷🏻‍♂️

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    CatchFlightsNotFeelings 34 posts

I had the “wait five days whilst we do more checks”, then I received a statement first, then an acceptance letter with my credit limit, today a Pin. But still no card. Have lots of things i need to buy before I go on holiday in 2 weeks, but no card.

Reeferman 35 posts

I applied and had an email to say almost there etc and asking me to supply proof of address and ID (copy passport) which I did.
    Just received a letter saying “declined” as I moved a couple of weeks (even though this was all on the original application). Seems my previous address of 10 years and 999 Experian etc are not valid
    Letter says I must now wait 6 months to re-apply.
    Very harsh!

CarpalTravel 363 posts

I had the “wait five days whilst we do more checks”, then I received a statement first, then an acceptance letter with my credit limit, today a Pin. But still no card. Have lots of things i need to buy before I go on holiday in 2 weeks, but no card.

If you have a curve card then go via that then use back in time for all the transactions to move them across. It’s what I’m doing, at this rate I’ll hit the spend target about 30mins after receiving the card. 😁

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Also got the PIN today, will unpick it carefully!

rum 275 posts

I also received the PIN on the 9th. Seriously hoping the card turns up today as it has been 10 days now already. Got loads of purchases that I am holding off on.

It seems the whole thing is the standard banking idea of premium, as in random.

😀

Clickity 2 posts

Just received a decline letter. Self employed (law firm partner) with a perfect credit score and a 7 figure income. Utterly bizarre response and a complete waste of time.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

Just received a decline letter. Self employed (law firm partner) with a perfect credit score and a 7 figure income. Utterly bizarre response and a complete waste of time.

Possibly, although it might just be that they realise that they won’t make much money from you.

Steven 80 posts

Have heard a few people on here indicating issues with them accepting self-employed applicants. Rob – it would be worth obtaining clarification on this point if at all possible to save people wasting their time and taking a mark on their credit file.

kitster 10 posts

I was approved got a PIN through in the post on day 6 after approval but still no sign of the card. How many others finding the pin arrives before the card? Lots of sms and email about actvating the card and downloading the app but still no physical card ☹️

vern 10 posts

Same here. Had the pin 3 days now and several emails. Bet they aren’t this sluggish when they want the bill paid. 🙂

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Same here. Had the pin 3 days now and several emails. Bet they aren’t this sluggish when they want the bill paid. 🙂

+1

Marc 43 posts

+1

+2

Aston100 1,383 posts

Same here.
    I’m wondering if we are amongst the first to have managed to successfully apply, during the initial sign-up issues.
    I managed it before 6pm on the 28th.
    Could it be that those who signed up late on Monday night, or from Tuesday 1st are not affected by these delays?

vern 10 posts

No. I applied late evening. Acceptance email time stamped 22.22 and it came through almost straight away.
    It would be good of Barclaycard to issue some info as to what is happening and when our cards are likely to be dispatched. Hfp followers must be a sizeable target group who they want to attract and retain and importantly sell other products to.

MB1 28 posts

I was accepted on 1 March. Acceptance email has last 4 digits of card, but a subsequent email has a different last 4 digits. Received PIN on Tuesday. Now Friday 11th and no card. Can’t log in to app without the card. This is not at all helpful. Very poor customer experience – I will be cancelling as soon as I’ve had the sign up bonus.

rum 275 posts

I was accepted on 1 March. Acceptance email has last 4 digits of card, but a subsequent email has a different last 4 digits. Received PIN on Tuesday. Now Friday 11th and no card. Can’t log in to app without the card. This is not at all helpful.

This has been my experience too. Applied on the morning of the 1st and got the confirmation email around lunchtime. That email displayed a different last four digits of the card compared to subsequent emails and what I can see in the Barclays Bank app. PIN received in the post on Wednesday 9th, but no card thus far. Not happy.

TerryTierPoints 71 posts

I’ve had a similar experience. Applied on 28th Feb, after COB due to application website issues. Confirmation email arrived on 1st March, SMS on 8th saying card would arrive in a few days, pin arrived on 9th. No card yet but I’ve had several emails reminding me to activate my card. So I make that 8 business days and still no card. Not a good first impression of Barclays. They really need to send out an email with a detailed explanation; not a PR message like the SMS.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Annoyingly, flights I was hoping to book for multiple passengers with this card have gone up by 10% in the last couple of days.
    Was hoping to book those flights which would have met the signup bonus target and cancel the card ASAP thereafter.
    The 10% flight price increase is larger than the signup bonus. Oh well.

CatchFlightsNotFeelings 34 posts

Yep, things i want to book are going up in price, already received my Amex companion voucher so it seems pointless to spend on my amex when i could be spending towards the barclaycard bonus. Very poor service.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.