Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Applied a week ago but no reply yet?

• BlueThroughCrimp 6 posts

Waited for the card, didn’t phone or contact them.
    Arrived on Friday, registered for the app, changed the PIN at a Barclays machine, added to PayPal, and have paid my council tax on line without a problem, using the app to confirm the transaction.

TerryTierPoints 71 posts

My replacement card arrived today, exactly 3 weeks after I applied.

I registered for the app which I think also activates the card (it wasn’t clear to me). After I did that I then got the most bizarre text message:

“You have successfully cancelled your Barclays Mobile Banking registration.
    For help please call 03332001014.
    To maintain a quality service we monitor and record phone calls.”

I also received a letter today saying they had discussed my complaint with me and it was now resolved. Which is also bizarre as I wasn’t aware I’d made a formal complaint, I just enquired if the welcome period could be extended and was expecting a call back last week (which of course I didn’t get).

So yeah all very confusing. I’ll try contactless, 3D secure, Apple offer etc and report back.

Off to a good start! Tried a chip and pin transaction… no chip detected! Had to revert to AMEX.

secretsquirrel 29 posts

So day 1:
    Small online transaction authorised, second declined.
    App keeps giving 0002 error code when logging in.
    Chip & Pin used, still no Curve / PayPal allowed.
    Called up – 1 hour wait time.
    Ppl talking about chat facility – where is this found in the app please.

DJP31 86 posts

So day 1:

It’s not supported yet, no idea why.

Cloud 21 posts

So day 1:

So day 1:

I have the chat facility in the Barclays app. Not used the Barclaycard app.

Aston100 1,383 posts

FFS… Tried to log in to the Barclaycard app but getting a message that my account is locked and to call the hotline.

Just spent 1h on the phone with them. They can’t unlock the account as it’s the Avios card and which is not yet integrated to the system (wtf?). They also can’t unlock it through a Barclays system as there’s a name mismatch between my Barclays current account and Barclaycard (middle name used for one but not the other). Only solution is to go into Branch hand have them remove my middle name. The shitshow continues.

What tools do the people in a branch have access to that support personnel on the end of a phone line do not?

ChrisBCN 237 posts

What tools do the people in a branch have access to that support personnel on the end of a phone line do not?

I worked for a different bank a very very long time ago, and each customer was ‘owned’ by one branch, and that branch was the only place where certain things could be changed… Such as a middle name.

To see this happening today shows how some banks are living in the long and distant past…

Marc 43 posts

It’s hilarious. The reason they said it can’t be done via phone is that I need to present a document to ‘prove it’. I asked how I’m supposed to show proof that supports the removal of my middle name?! Was advised to show any sort of document that doesn’t feature my middle name, like a council tax bill for example. You can’t make this stuff up…

Am calling again today to see if another agent comes up with a better solution that doesn’t involve a branch.

Daiboy1980 45 posts

Replacement card arrived today, connected to curve, registered with app and the enveolope was sealed!

Quite astonishing that this impresses me, they have set the bar very low to be fair!

Crackers 2 posts

Applied and approved on 1 March. Still waiting. Even had a text over a week ago saying the problem had been fixed and my card would be with me “imminently”.

Can’t get through on the phone. Chat facility doesn’t work.

They’ve really botched this haven’t they.

rum 275 posts

My statement was produced on the evening of 22nd.

Haven’t been able to view it in the ‘statements’ section of the Barclays app (after selecting ‘Barclaycard’). This morning I have so far received the same text message no less than five times (and counting) reminding me that my statement is ready and to view it in the app.

Going to the same menu in the app, I am still seeing the message:

“Sorry
    Statements aren’t available at the moment. Please try again later”

Somehow I feel like I am a beta tester for Barclays’ incompetent IT teams. And they are charging me £20 a month to do this for them. I feel so valued – and Barclays have an ingenious business model.

jetsetuk747 2 posts

Just to give an idea of my timeline…applied and accepted on 16/03/2022 in the morning. PIN arrived 24/03/2022 and the card today (25/03/2022)

The packaging is not the best and splits along the length of the envelope but everything appeared to be intact.

I have registered for the app and activated my card. Also, the app is able to show my avios balance now I have linked the Barclaycard and BA Executive Club apps.

All I have to do is use the card. It looks like most of the bugs seem to have been ironed out…hopefully lol 🙂

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

My £100 “test” transaction to OVO energy is showing as counting towards my OH’s upgrade voucher, but not his sign up bonus. This is worrying as I am wondering if they class him as already having a Barclaycard as he has a supplementary card on my HH account. Anyone else in the same position?

hugo r 282 posts

I’ve spent 20k on my barclaycard avios plus , the spend tracker for the bonus points is still showing I’ve not hit the target (says I’ve spent 1k) even though I’ve had the 25k bonus points credited . Upgrade voucher tracker shows target hit but no voucher

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

Hopefully that spend tracker is broken then! I did actually manage to get a response on chat to the effect that there is a known issue and it’s being worked on. This was after 45 minutes on to them going round in circles asking the same question and them copying and pasting irrelevant, formulated replies.

FatherOfFour 281 posts

My £100 “test” transaction to OVO energy is showing as counting towards my OH’s upgrade voucher, but not his sign up bonus. This is worrying as I am wondering if they class him as already having a Barclaycard as he has a supplementary card on my HH account. Anyone else in the same position?

Mine updated with a bit of lag.
    Balance was circa 3.6k, Bonus showing as hit (and 30,000 Avios pending) However, progress towards the upgrade voucher was showing as £1.1k. About 2-3 days later, the voucher spend has fallen in line and now shows 3.6k. (Most of the 2.5k delta was a council tax bill, so it did cross my mind that this might not count)

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    LondonFly 83 posts

On this card are you limited to earning avios to your monthly credit limit like virgin cards or if you pay off midmonth you can earn avios above your monthly credit limit?

CarpalTravel 363 posts

On this card are you limited to earning avios to your monthly credit limit like virgin cards or if you pay off midmonth you can earn avios above your monthly credit limit?

The app prevents you paying off more than your balance, by debit card, so “mid-sprint” payments can’t be made like that. Once a statement balance is cleared all options are greyed out.

I’ve not paid off a card ever via bank transfer but understand that you can, so if you do that you should in theory be ok. I have read through the T&C’s and whilst there is one bit that suggests a limitation, I believe it is actually referring to those who have exceeded their credit limit and so not earning points on that.

Ultimately, we won’t know until a few people try it and data points start landing. Luckily my limit is high enough that it’s not a concern for me.

NorthernLass 7,590 posts

You can make payments with a debit card to bring your balance down between statement dates and free up some extra credit.

CarpalTravel 363 posts

You can make payments with a debit card to bring your balance down between statement dates and free up some extra credit.

I’ve just had another go and indeed I now can! When I tried yesterday and I selected “Other Amount” on the Barclays app, I got an error message popup saying something along the lines of my not being allowed to pay more than the outstanding amount of the balance of last months statement. Either that, or I dreamt it all. 🥴

Aston100 1,383 posts

Faster payment works fine.

Marc 43 posts

Out of curiosity: Has anyone with a Barclays Premier account + Avios Barclaycard yet received their first monthly £5 fee ‘refund’/discount on the current account?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.