Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club I got bumped from my seat on a 2-4-1 once again. Are 2-4-1 being targeted? Reply To: I got bumped from my seat on a 2-4-1 once again. Are 2-4-1 being targeted?

Mighty Hunter 36 posts

I also don’t think there’s any foul play here. In my 30+ years with BA I never saw it, but what did happen was that the cabin tech log would be out of date as the information would be no newer than the previous sector. We often had engineers working on the seats until boarding. If they fixed them, the dispatcher would be made aware and the seat would become available at the last minute.

Staff pax with the appropriate cabin entitlement would commonly be given the choice of sitting in a seat unfit for commercial use (e.g. club seat doesn’t recline properly) rather than a downgrade.

And I never would have dared move a commercial pax to put my wife in her favourite seat!

What I think did happen was that Avios redemption seats were targeted for downgrades when BA’s overbooking profile went wrong, because BA thought they could get away with paying less compensation. I think (hope) that partly due to complaints though this site it is mainly a thing of the past

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.