Thought I might update on this in case anyone else might find it useful.
Getting compensation was easy and just submitting the form was enough. For the accommodation and meal expenses it was more difficult as the first claim was rejected, arguing I was notified of the cancellation with time. Afterwards I submitted a complaint regarding the outcome of that claim, they said they would correct their mistake but then I had to resubmit the original claim and wait for them to get back to me.
It was a long process but I managed to get money back and compensation and it was not as tedious as other recent bad customer services experiences.
Thanks everyone for your help!
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- JDB on Mexico Volcano disruption, flying back on 4th
- YC on Marriott hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- TGLoyalty on Lifts in Terminal 5
- TGLoyalty on More IHG points wierdness
- TGLoyalty on Gold counts for nothing?
- meta on InterContinental hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- Lyn on Chat thread – Thursday 29th February
- HFPCar on BA LHR to SAW
- NigelHamilton on Gold counts for nothing?
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Gold counts for nothing?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.