Yes- this is correct, as per the current HfP review of the Virgin credit cards:
“At present, Virgin Money is not charging any fees when you pay for something in Euro, Swedish Kronor or Romanian Lei.
This is NOT an advertised benefit, but you will see it written in the small print of the credit agreement. It only applies to ‘in person’ transactions and not online spending.
As Virgin Money adds a 3% foreign exchange fee on transactions in all other currencies, you might want to get a separate free credit card to use abroad.”
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- jintycat on Car hire in New Zealand advice
- Pogonation on BA companion voucher anomaly
- Alex G on BA companion voucher anomaly
- yonasl on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- NorthernLass on 120 Tier Points Urgently Needed
- NorthernLass on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- BBbetter on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- iEimis on Chat thread – Sunday 25th February
- jumpersforgoalposts on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- jj on Buses, not runways, at LHR
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.