Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Cabin upgrade voucher Reply To: Cabin upgrade voucher

NorthernLass 8,444 posts

What strikes me here is that the 2 posters who were told they’d need an extra 18k avios plus £1 for their domestic connection were quoted this when enquiring about a 2-sector booking, all using the BC voucher, whereas Tim_T (possibly, it’s not entirely clear what the agent did) asked for it as an add on to a long haul flight he had already booked using the voucher. It could be that BA IT allows the connection to be added for just the extra tax to a booking which already exists, but won’t allow for this to be done at the time of booking the long haul flight itself. More data required!

@duggie1982
, can you try your booking asap, you might be able to put us out of our misery to some degree lol?

@Tim_T
, I’ve never said anything about needing to pay avios on a domestic connection to a long haul flight, I’m not sure why you keep bringing it up. The RFS issue was my mistake, but it’s not germane – it’s just that the RFS fee is in fact very similar to the departure tax from MAN, hence the confusion. It doesn’t change anything here though. You’ve said both that you paid extra tax for your GLA to LHR leg, AND that you received an email saying you’d been charged no avios or cash for this, this is what I can’t reconcile here.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.