Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation Financial Services bashing Reply To: Creation Financial Services bashing

rams 223 posts

It’s not creation related but I had a question about Barclays who wrote to tell me they are closing my account in 2 months a few weeks ago. I tried to log in today and it didn’t work. I called them and they said they written to me today to say they are closing it today. Well within their rights per t&c but is that reasonable having given 2 months notice just a few weeks ago? They say I need to go to branch to collect any balance in my account. Having said I had 2 months I was thinking of switching the account to NatWest but not sure that will work now. Any grounds for a complaint about what they have done?

I could move/delete this but thought it relevant to some of the discussion above about notice of closure and t&c

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.