Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Creation Financial Services bashing

Creation Financial Services bashing

• Tom

So when do we all pile in on Creation?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Rob Burgess.
    rich

From now! I’m not one of the naught boys so still have the IHG card but have just timed out on 5 purchase transactions as their system took over 5 mins to send through a one time passcode. They really are poor, but I want the points so will stick with them!

dst87

I mean, it’s only a matter of time, right?

NorthernLass

I’ve been promised a response by Dec 8th. I probably won’t poke them again till New Year though, as I don’t want my Xmas trip to be suddenly cancelled by IHG! Did we ever hear anything else from Air Crash Investigator?

Nick_M

My account was due to be closed, they have just dropped the credit limit to £30 over what is currently owing… I assume that it has actually been closed for any new transactions and is just part of the process whilst there is a balance?

apcd2

Emailed my complaint for missing points yesterday and added a reminder to my calendar for 8 weeks time to escalate it to the ombudsman. They’re within their rights to close accounts for any reason but I can’t imagine how they expect to defend not awarding points in the interim and without informing the customer. Hopefully a few hundred FOS complaints will focus their minds.

QFFlyer

My Creation accounts have been restricted since 3/12 as expected. Still open and limits unchanged, but for all intents and purposes dead. Fee refunded on mine but not OH’s black account. Complaint in and acknowledged, response by 23/12 apparently, we’ll see.

Graham-Walsh

Emailed them again today to find out where my points are etc.

Aston100

We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

SteveJ

Need an alternative to top up Che. Everyone seems to charge cash advance fees. Solihull’s rubbish IT was good for many uses!

cinereus

I thought there were tons of options for topping up Revolut?

marks7389

My response is due 17th December but I’m not holding my breath. They’re obviously seeing much the same complaint many times over, so if they really wanted to resolve things amicably and before people start raising complaints to the FOS it wouldn’t be hard despite the complaint volumes. It will be interesting to see what happens but they must also know that as soon as they provide a response to one complainant others are going to know what that is very quickly.

NorthernLass, personally I’m not worried about IHG taking action on the back of Creation’s decision to cull a portion of their client base that they’ve decided is unprofitable. That’s absolutely what this is; I can’t see how anyone has broken Creation’s terms by using Curve, even the small minority who were taking the p*ss with manufactured spend. At worst IHG may be ambivalent to all this (which given my interaction with IHG customer service last year wouldn’t greatly surprise me). At best I’d hope they are asking pointed questions of Creation as to why and how they’ve made such an almighty mess of a product carrying their branding.

SteveJ

Cash advance fees are the main issue. Interest charges can be avoided/minimised with immediate payment, but many (most?) cards dont let you avoid a cash advance fee. Saying that I do need to trial run/small test payments from my remaining cards to see what is possible.

Scallder

My deadline to hear about my complaint was 8th Dec. Had email saying they needed more time but wouldn’t say how long.

Had a FOS complaint in last year which took over a year to be resolved. Anyone likely to jump straight to small claims court? I’m thinking of doing that and then going for pro rata fee not refunded but cost to buy, say 80,000 IHG points. I k ow that’s not the most expensive reward night available, however I can show from my own stays that had some free nights around that level.

Needing to do this for both my wife and I so hopefully will be able to get a good result in terms of cash for buying the IHG points, at full cost.

JDB

Before going to MCOL, you should read the link to the Civil Procedure Rules in the MCOL guidance. It refers to litigation being the last resort and that ombudsmen should be used first where available. In this case you have a statutory recourse to the FOS, so you will be expected to use it. If I were Creation (which, contrary to popular HfP opinion, I am not) I would apply to have your application struck out with costs and you will be at risk of costs etc. for non compliance with the CPR anyway. If you don’t win at the FOS, you can MCOL afterwards but don’t necessarily expect a different answer. To the extent that you have had your fee refunded, so you are just chasing your anniversary night award it isn’t clear if that is actually claimable at MCOL?? It looks more like a ‘loss of opportunity’ claim??

Tom

Hi JDB, I assume based on recent posts that you work in Financial Services, you seem to have a good understanding of how these things work. I am really interested in your advice about how we should structure our claims (FOS or otherwise) with Creation. I’ve had my annual fee refunded but I am still owed a large number of points that are being withheld, plus I had hit the 10k spend for the free night since my last anniversary. Do you think it’s worthwhile pursuing? and what angle would you take?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.