Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help HND to LHR BA0006 26th Nov 13:15 cancelled Reply To: HND to LHR BA0006 26th Nov 13:15 cancelled

Lady London 2,178 posts

Thank you for for the support and clarification. I responded to their offer yesterday. I also requested they inform me if this is their final offer as I intend to use CEDR should full settlement not be forthcoming.

@LadyLondon I will add a note tomorrow regards the 7 day timescale for payment. Unfortunately I have no extra receipts in my bag lol, as my daily expenses were documented & photographed each night in a spreadsheet.

There is no requirement on an airline to pay Article 9 expenses in seven days. Only Article 8 refunds and Article 10 downgrade reimbursements carry the seven day requirement.

There you go again @JDB forcing me to haul out the text of 261 snd read it. You’re right it’s sloppy the 7 days is directly next to refund and also to downgrade, but not in the compo section. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. There is however an instruction to pay compensation “immediately” in the case of denied boarding, as a general consolation, so it’s just sloppy not to have the 7 days on compo as well.

So sorry @Angela for your particular case which was cancellation compo and BA wriggling about tiny expenses, it might be best not to wind them up by muttering about interest as @JDB has pointed out the words are not there. I don’t think you’ll need to go anywhere near CEDR, I expect them to cave.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.