Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Will and LPA Reply To: Will and LPA

JDB 4,806 posts

With regard to NHS Continuing Healthcare assessments, if you disagree with the assessment, is there an appeals process, particularly if the indivudual needing care’s condition is worsening quickly? Any thoughts appreciated, thanks in advance.

Yes, you can appeal to your local Integrated Care Board (ICB) who are the people making the decision. Their appeal procedures will vary by board, but they must have one in place and if you aren’t satisfied with any outcome from that process, you can ask the NHS to carry out an independent review and ultimately appeal to the PHSO. Problem is that these processes are pitifully slow, so realistically a lot of calling and cajoling with support from medical professionals may get much quicker/better results than the official channels.

There is an organisation called Beacon which offers help with these issues –

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.