“If, as reported, BA has set a budget of £7bn to fix 600 problems, it’s hard to imagine world in which they will succeed in their efforts without a role of this type.
“But wiser transformation managers would reflect introspectively on the way the conversation has developed here. There is a reason why this type of role is so widely mocked: most of us have encountered too many non-achieving pen-pushers [and box tickers] who create stultifying corporate bureaucracy [add treacle to justify their existence/fees] rather then facilitate real transformation.”
What I do is mostly billed as Transformation these days and I receive comments that I’m “one of the good guys” that “gets it done”. But the reason I get the comments is that there is so much dead wood around that claims to be doing this but isn’t. A lot of it comes from top management not really organising and committing as @ukpolak has said of course.
And BA is a big ship to turn round so this will take time.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- NorthernLass on European beach destinations from LHR in May?
- NorthernLass on More IHG points wierdness
- NorthernLass on Lifts in Terminal 5
- JDB on Mexico Volcano disruption, flying back on 4th
- YC on Marriott hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- TGLoyalty on Lifts in Terminal 5
- TGLoyalty on More IHG points wierdness
- TGLoyalty on Gold counts for nothing?
- meta on InterContinental hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- Lyn on Chat thread – Thursday 29th February
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.