You definitely get a soft landing with 4 qualifying flights.
There are cases of ‘gifted’ Golds not getting soft landing without this.
As yours was rolled over then I suspect the BA system no longer sees it as ‘gifted’ so you may be fine, but personally I’d be doing the four segments.
(If you mean you got ‘the rest of the current year plus the next full year’ then this is normal and you weren’t given anything extra, in which case I would be even keener to get the 4 cash segments in.)
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- JDB on Mexico Volcano disruption, flying back on 4th
- YC on Marriott hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- TGLoyalty on Lifts in Terminal 5
- TGLoyalty on More IHG points wierdness
- TGLoyalty on Gold counts for nothing?
- meta on InterContinental hotels in Tokyo – best option?
- Lyn on Chat thread – Thursday 29th February
- HFPCar on BA LHR to SAW
- NigelHamilton on Gold counts for nothing?
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Gold counts for nothing?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.