It’s very simple. Most countries require, by law, for car hire to come with certain levels of insurance.
It is illegal for the rental company to remove this insurance so they won’t do it. You don’t need to buy anything on top of this insurance though.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Reeferman on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- WillPS on Nectar conversion rate changing
- TedL on Chat thread – Monday 26th February
- memesweeper on Where to send my Reward Points?
- BahrainLad on Status match from BAEC & others to Virgin FC (via Air France / KLM)
- BBbetter on Where to send my Reward Points?
- davefl on Where to send my Reward Points?
- BBbetter on Combinations of ALL paid programs
- yonasl on Flying Blue Status Match Offer
- Super Secret Stuff on IAG profits
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.