Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios 100,000 points monthly threshold – is there one?

• Swiss Jim 48 posts

Prompted by the last post, and just marginally nervous. Not sure why, but I do vaguely recall an issue on another card (possibly HH Card, also by Barclaycard) where you earned over 100,000 points in a month. Points did post but rather strangely (e.g. if you earned 120,000 points, 20,000 posted as usual and 100,000 at a later date).

Has anyone earned over 100,000 a month yet (I carefully limited mine to 99,900 last month), and is so any issues in their transferring across to your avios account?

Thanks

Swiss

Tom2 113 posts

Can’t help you on your question but is this genuine spend or is their MS loophole that isn’t widely known yet? If genuine spend then can I be your friend? 😂

Swiss Jim 48 posts

I’d only ever talk about genuine spend on a forum such as this!

Comrade Chag 79 posts

150000+ posted fine this month on questionable spend…

Swiss Jim 48 posts

Thanks….

Charles Martel 124 posts

No idea but while we’re asking random questions, does anyone know why the Barclaycard “Monthly Membership Fee” has the business number “TRANSREF_DEFAULT_AMEX” in the transaction detail?

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Barclaycard used to run a Dual Amex/Visa cashback card. I used to have it and the yearly cashback would have this business number. I see it in other transactions randomly too. I assume it’s just leftover from that system.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.