Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club 200 Tier Points needed – ideas for one trip

• CoG 6 posts

Hello,

My Tier Point year ends in September and with my current bookings I’ll still be 200 TPs short of Silver by then.

I don’t think I’ll be able to spare the five days needed to benefit from the BA Holidays double tier points promotion and a standalone return to a long haul Club Europe destination will leave me a frustrating 20 TP’s short.

I’d rather do it in one trip if I can without having to do a separate short haul return to get the extra 20 points, so am just reaching out here for any bright ideas please?

TIA

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Why not (Club Europe) Manchester to Heathrow to XXXXXXX to Heathrow (jump off, assuming you live in London)?

The MAN-LON leg would give you another 40. Cost is unlikely to be much more than LON-XXXX.

CoG 6 posts

Thanks. Seems like the MAN leg is adding quite a bit to prices unless I’m doing something wrong on searching for fares. I’m pretty much in the middle between Heathrow, Bristol and Birmingham, but don’t think the latter two are going to offer me anything as I won’t get TPs on Are Lingus/Emerald Airways and you can only book economy fares on Loganair…

Anna 458 posts

MAN fares can be astronomical but someone said they got economy for £80 return recently so there must be deals to be had – try the low fare finder tool on BA.com for the cheapest flights on a given day.

Richie 989 posts

One weekend trip to Bucharest or Sofia in CE and one weekend trip leaving 14th July to celebrate Bastille day in France via Basel, Geneva or Luxembourg.

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,077 posts

200 is a third of the TPs needed for silver – so is a lot.

Before spending any money are you sure you’ll get value for money from it when taking flights in your 23/24 year?

Richie 989 posts

LHR-HEL-XXX-HEL-LHR in J on AY is near 200 TPs.

nectar collector 282 posts

LHR-HEL-XXX-HEL-LHR in J on AY is near 200 TPs.

HEL-AGP (Malaga) or Lisbon is 140 each way in J on AY

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.