Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards 20,000 bonus points offer for Ambassador

• Graviation 24 posts

I’m not sure if this is news to anyone but just to mention I’ve received an invitation to join IHG Ambassador with a 20k bonus points offer, providing I stay at an InterContinental, Regent or Kimpton by 30 April. The offer is valid until 31 March. No doubt I’ve received this because I’ve recently booked the InterContinental in LA for October. I’m tempted!

davefl 1,218 posts

I got it too and the last IC I booked was about 6 years ago.

IHG’s marketing engine is being agressive at the moment. I’ve now had 8 emails about the 5000 points for 2 nights in Jan offer.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

We’ll do an article on this, probably Thu or Fri.

AndyGWP 276 posts

I finally got the email this morning… also no upcoming bookings and its been a while since I stayed, so looks like it could be intended for everyone who has opted in to emails

SteveJ 979 posts

Also received this morning. Looking forward to the article, weighing up whether the $200 or 40k points it’ll cost is worth it for the benefits.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Are there any Regent hotels in uk?

NorthernLass 7,532 posts

I got this, presumably as I’ve resisted all attempts to get me to rejoin when my Ambassador membership expired a couple of months ago. Might struggle to do the 2 nights as already have a lot of plans for the next 3 months.
    I have the IC Boston on points/free night in March but I can’t see cash prices being attractive enough for me to cancel and rebook. Would Emyr stays count for this, do we think?

ChrisC 956 posts

IHG’s marketing engine is being agressive at the moment. I’ve now had 8 emails about the 5000 points for 2 nights in Jan offer.

Ditto and I registered for it in December yet still they come.

NorthernLass 7,532 posts

The Kimpton Clocktower is extremely reasonable mid-week if anyone wants the least expensive way of getting the bonus points. It’s a very nice building with an excellent restaurant, pet friendly and generous with the cocktail vouchers and other goodies for status members, plus all the Elemis minis you can fit in your toiletry bag 😂

ClaireF 26 posts

I have an intercontinental o2 reward stay for 2 nights at the end of march. I am using points for this not my free credit card night. Would these reward stays count if I spent money whilst I am there. The $30 min spend confused me as can’t see any of these hotels costing that. I was thinking of joining and this offer may just tip the balance. Thanks

Carlos 758 posts

Interesting promo, considering it

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

If you’d definitely do the two nights to trigger the bonus then it is a decent deal, but you’d still need to use the 241 voucher to guarantee getting full value. For anyone doing, say, 4 IC stays this year (with 2 nights before the bonus deadline) and using the weekend voucher, it is definitely a decent deal – and that’s before you factor in the (limited) value of Platinum status on your other IHG stays.

toddy 113 posts

Just signed up to Ambassador again as we are going on a last minute trip to Malta, staying 4 nights in the Intercontinental.

20k bonus points added to the points for the stay (2x promo plus Spire) will more or less offset the 40k cost for the annual membership.

Hat tip to Emyr who got us free breakfast, upgrade and $100 F&B credit. Exceptional offering especially considering the cost of 4 nights is <€500!

hantsclaret 5 posts

This offer just about tipped me over the edge to re start my Amb membership – stayed at the IC Boston for five nights – not much of an upgrade but got the F&B credit. Was a good points earner – base points were 11k – with my spire bomus, Amb bonus, 2x base offer and the welcome points, I netted 54k points!!

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,093 posts

I have 2 IC nights coming start of April, but booked using the AMB 2nd night free voucher. Will that satisfy my 2 nights? I think so, reading the terms of the offer. If anyone has first-hand experience, thoughts welcomed.

DJ 93 posts

I can see the current renewal offer is $200 with 15,000 bonus point. Is that the standard offer?

Do we expect any special promo soon on this? Thanks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.