Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios £5 fee refund for Premier customers

• VinZ 142 posts

Has anybody received the £5 fee refund into their premier account? I haven’t yet and it should’ve been done by now…

rum 275 posts

Somehow foreseeing this, I took a low-risk approach and ended-up leaving the Avios option for the current account. I still have the account, but not the Avios option. No big loss for me, I earned the voucher and I can sign up again if I want to in future.

I know this doesn’t help answer your question, but Barclays have messed me about too much to want to give them any (more) business. The credit card for now is adequate but that’s where I’m drawing the line. I’ll be downgrading the card as well at the earliest opportunity.

Marc 43 posts

Nothing on my end yet, nope…

VinZ 142 posts

I think I’ll call them tomorrow to file another complaint. I may be given something as compensation… eheh

AndyGWP 276 posts

Apologies, but what is the £5 refund for please? 🙂

CH 16 posts

Apologies, but what is the £5 refund for please? 🙂

Holding an Avios Plus card and Premier account

RoundTheWorld 10 posts

I am waiting for that too. The document says you will be automatically enrolled but nothing is showing on my Barclays app.
    https://www.barclays.co.uk/content/dam/documents/premier/Barclays_Dual_Avios_Reward_TCs.pdf

TerryTierPoints 71 posts

No £5 Dual Reward yet for me either.

TerryTierPoints 71 posts

I just asked using the in app chat. They told me I didn’t have Avios Rewards enabled for my current account. I definitely do, I can see it in the app and I’ve received Avios into my BA Exec account. Filing a complaint now, others may wish to check too.

SussexBantam 12 posts

Just bumping this – has anyone managed to get this refund ?

I keep getting told my accounts are not “linked” and I need to visit a branch which is clearly ridiculous given I can see both the credit card and current account on the same app…

I complained and got the first month as a “goodwill gesture” but have no confidence it will be any better in month 2.

Bearing Up 54 posts

Yes, without warning, but following a previous conversation, I’ve had a refund. Unfortunately, it’s all based on the wrong account but, hey ho, progress of some sort. Still waiting to link my BCAP card to my mobile banking app but that’s another epic!
    Whatever, the sun will still rise in the morning!

degsy 152 posts

I’ve been advised by Craig on the chat function that it’s payable on or around WD2 of the month after your first monthly charge for the second product you own. I’ve just been billed my first Barclaycard £20 so I’m expecting my refund next week….

u07ch 63 posts

I had a 5 pound deposit into my current account on the 20th of April marked as dual reward

TerryTierPoints 71 posts

No £5 Dual Avios Reward for me yet.

I contacted Barclays about it on 14th April. The chat agent claimed I wasn’t enrolled in Avios Rewards, I am, I can see the fee in my current account transactions.

So I made a complaint. I was told I would receive a letter confirming the complaint and someone from the complaints department would contact me within 4 days.

15 days later… no letter, no contact, no Dual Avios Reward…

MD 14 posts

I’ve been advised by Craig on the chat function that it’s payable on or around WD2 of the month after your first monthly charge for the second product you own. I’ve just been billed my first Barclaycard £20 so I’m expecting my refund next week….

Thanks degsy, this is helpful. I’m in exactly the same boat, so I’ll hold fire on the complaint until next week. Let’s just say I’m not optimistic though, given standards so far…

Jimbob 29 posts

My £5 rebate posted to my current account on the 20th April

mxo 15 posts

I haven’t received it either. For those who have received it, how many weeks after applying for the card did you get it?

Jimbob 29 posts

About 6 weeks after opening the card

degsy 152 posts

Needless to say the £5 did not arrive as promised, however a 10 min discussion with an agent through the online chat tool and they’ve now credited my account with an ‘inconvenience and goodwill’ gesture.

MD 14 posts

Amazingly, my first £5 rebate did eventually post yesterday (6th May) without having to complain, appearing in my Barclays Premier account labelled as AVIOS DUAL REWARD.

TerryTierPoints 71 posts

No Dual Reward for me this month either. I received a letter saying Barclays want until end of May to investigate my complaint.

akhilstyle 42 posts

My £5 came in on 6th May.

I had to contact them on the web chat and say I wanted to make a complaint. And they said my rewards and barclaycard account weren’t linked which they said they did and to expect it within a few weeks. And yes the £5 came in a couple weeks later

Woody 25 posts

Yes, I received mine, no problem at all.

SussexBantam 12 posts

Still nothing for me – have opened an official complaint. Well at least I think I have. With the competence of the chat agents who really knows ?

Steven 80 posts

Just opened a Barclays Premier Account after receiving the Plus Avios Credit Card last month.

I previously set up the Credit Card using the Barclaycard app.

The Premier Account links you to the Barclays App.

Is there a way to manage both products under one app rather than continuing to access via two separate apps?

I see quite a number of people have had issues with Barclays not linking the two accounts for receiving the £5 rebate so trying to increase my chances of avoiding this problem! TIA.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.