Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club BA 777 fleet to all get Club Suite this year?

• sturgeon 193 posts

I was just looking at some flights in November this year and can see from the seat map on the 777 that the old Club World seats still seem to exist. I’ve read a few articles that state that the new club seat will be installed on all 777 aircraft by the end of this year. Is that still the case as far as we know? Ideally I don’t want to travel on the old seat.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

As per https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/07/06/guide-to-british-airways-club-suite/, yes, the plan was that by the end of the year all of the Heathrow fleet will be done. However, it is literally a plane every 2 weeks so there would still be four to go in early November – and this assume they are on target. There are currently 11-12 to be done I think.

kevind 46 posts

The wife and I are looking to book a trip to USA next March, ideally west coast. Any tips on how to pretty much guarantee (save for any last minute equipment change) an aircraft with Club Suite? Happy to vary our trip to get Club Suite rather than “Club Dormitory”.

Harry T 96 posts

The wife and I are looking to book a trip to USA next March, ideally west coast. Any tips on how to pretty much guarantee (save for any last minute equipment change) an aircraft with Club Suite? Happy to vary our trip to get Club Suite rather than “Club Dormitory”.

Some routes are almost always club suite. Off the top of my head, LAX and JFK very commonly get club suite. There’s a better list on flyertalk.

Luca M 391 posts

As a data point, have flown to LAx and back in Club suite, at 6 feet tall, I was very uncomfortable and have had much better sleep on the old club World seat. Other then being a novelty to have a door (many people on my flights left it open anyway), and indeed nice to have storage everywhere, it was really difficult to sleep hitting the under-table sliding mechanism whilst trying to move my legs around in that tiny footwell.

TGLoyalty 536 posts

Agree with Luca the CW seat much better if you’re taller.

Thegasman 203 posts

Me 3. Bigger/better IFE screen & more storage are only plus points everything else is novelty value/gimmicky.

Old CW far better for couples, families, sleep & comfort if over 6ft.

Whatsthepoint 123 posts

Has BA said anything about the Gatwick fleet or will they become ‘second class’ compared to the Heathrow fleet for some time after the Heathrow fleet is done?

Richie 992 posts

Has BA said anything about the Gatwick fleet or will they become ‘second class’ compared to the Heathrow fleet for some time after the Heathrow fleet is done?

Here’s my guess. Current Gatwick based B777s will just be retired and not get CS at all. LHR will get the new replacement aircraft with CS and there’ll be shift of some older B777s with CS to Gatwick. So over time Gatwick will end up with CS, but it’ll take a long time.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Rumours that A380 Club Suite refurb – and major internal reconfigurations – will be announced soon. Would make sense with the 777 work winding up.

Andrew J 769 posts

Is JFK all club suite now?

modestpointscollector 64 posts

Me 3. Bigger/better IFE screen & more storage are only plus points everything else is novelty value/gimmicky.

Old CW far better for couples, families, sleep & comfort if over 6ft.

-1 from me – I’m a big chap (6ft and fat) and sleep much better in CS than in the old CW seat, especially if you were stuck in an aisle seat. I would say CS is possibly only good if you’re small, or a side sleeper, I find my body just naturally fits into the coffin shape a lot better on my side. I have big feet too and don’t find the cubby hole that small. Not enough for me to care once i’ve gone down anyway.

Talking to your seat companion isn’t as convenient as old CW in the middle pair, but similarly it’s easy enough to leave the hatch slid across and lean forwards slightly to say hello in CS vs either having to constantly lower the screen to talk or just be staring them in the face the entire flight in old CW which is a bit odd tbh. For me, CS absolutely trounces CW in every respect that I care about, personal preference I guess. Oh, I find the over the shoulder belt is quite restrictive but you only really need it for 15 minutes every flight so not something i really care about at all.

Mouse 173 posts

Rumours that A380 Club Suite refurb – and major internal reconfigurations – will be announced soon. Would make sense with the 777 work winding up.

Would the A380 refurb include the new as yet unseen First product?

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Is JFK all club suite now?

Yes, subject to last minute swaps.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.