Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express A couple of Platinum questions

• DReid 9 posts

I have just received my platinum card. When trying to load Harvey Nichols offer it takes me to the current offers page but there’s nothing there. It just says I’ve got no current offers. Same goes for the international and domestic dining offer.
    I have my husband as a supplementary card holder. I was sent a membership number for Priority Pass but he wasn’t. How does he enroll so we can both use the lounge benefit ?
    Thank you. What time do

cska 55 posts

Your offers usually won’t appear until a couple of weeks into using the card. This includes offers which are preloaded onto the card such as HN credit and dining. If you want them straight away because, say, you’re planning to use them in the next few days, you can usually speak to Amex CS and they will load them manually on for you.

Regarding your second question, have you only just made your SO a supp card member? If so, it will take some time to receive the priority pass in the post. If not, you can ask Amex and they will provide you the membership number (so your SO can use the benefit via the PP app) and they will also send out another card in the post. But if you’ve only just made him a supp cardmember, hold off as it will be in the post. Probably worth mentioning that if it’s just the two of you looking to get into a priority pass lounge, you actually only need one card as with Plat, each card allows you to take in a free +1

DReid 9 posts

Cska. Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.
    We have a six hour layover at LHR in a fortnight so hoping to do some lounge hopping courtesy of Amex 😊

zapato1060 633 posts

Your offers usually won’t appear until a couple of weeks into using the card. This includes offers which are preloaded onto the card such as HN credit and dining. If you want them straight away because, say, you’re planning to use them in the next few days, you can usually speak to Amex CS and they will load them manually on for you.

Regarding your second question, have you only just made your SO a supp card member? If so, it will take some time to receive the priority pass in the post. If not, you can ask Amex and they will provide you the membership number (so your SO can use the benefit via the PP app) and they will also send out another card in the post. But if you’ve only just made him a supp cardmember, hold off as it will be in the post. Probably worth mentioning that if it’s just the two of you looking to get into a priority pass lounge, you actually only need one card as with Plat, each card allows you to take in a free +1

Actually my OH newly opened Platinum had HN credit and £150 on the first day available on app, just remembering to save it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.