Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Abu Dhabi F1 2022

• RTS 123 posts

I managed to bag a 5 night stay for the f1 weekend in Abu Dhabi in November. Absolutely over the moon! 160k points tyvm…

A few quick questions for those that have been before:

– do you get access to the track and/or paddocks?
    – do you get to hit up the after party? Can imagine this to be pretty amazing being the last race of the season!
    – any tips and tricks we should be looking out for?
    – finally, we need flights now… BA Redemptions are non-existent… Any ideas on what we can do? Have 241, virgin upgrade vouchers, Barclays vouchers. Avios balance of c.600k, virgin of c.600k.

Cash fares are between 500-750 GBP ATM.

memesweeper 1,242 posts

Getting there – use Virgin miles on KLM? They fly to DXB, you’d need to get the bus or a taxi cross-border.

S136 8 posts

wow, great find! Was it just pure luck that you looked and there happened to be availability? Looks to be sold out now.

RTS 123 posts

wow, great find! Was it just pure luck that you looked and there happened to be availability? Looks to be sold out now.

Kinda… I have been bugging the lady at the w hotel for nearly half a year, so that so can let me know asap when rooms are available. 3 rooms came up on Monday and she notified me and I managed to bag one.

slidey 287 posts

There was pretty much no points availability on VS/*A/BA when I looked a few weeks ago and unless you have etihad points, you’d need to go to DXB.

If youre only planning on staying there for 5 nights and are booking a cash ticket, your only option is likely to be etihad for ~700, its not worth flying to DXB wed-mon imo as it will be ~100 in return taxi fares for little flight price saving. If your dates are more flexible so you can do a couple of nights in dubai before going to abu dhabi, the cash options improve a little as you can get a swiss air premium econ ticket for the same price as the econ etihad ticket, tho with a 90 min stop in zurich.

If its the same as last year, you get a ticket that gives you access to the fan zone inside the circuit and the pit lane walk, you dont get a race ticket tho so if you want to be in a grandstand (or even abu dhabi hill) that needed a bought ticket

RTS 123 posts

There was pretty much no points availability on VS/*A/BA when I looked a few weeks ago and unless you have etihad points, you’d need to go to DXB.

If youre only planning on staying there for 5 nights and are booking a cash ticket, your only option is likely to be etihad for ~700, its not worth flying to DXB wed-mon imo as it will be ~100 in return taxi fares for little flight price saving. If your dates are more flexible so you can do a couple of nights in dubai before going to abu dhabi, the cash options improve a little as you can get a swiss air premium econ ticket for the same price as the econ etihad ticket, tho with a 90 min stop in zurich.

If its the same as last year, you get a ticket that gives you access to the fan zone inside the circuit and the pit lane walk, you dont get a race ticket tho so if you want to be in a grandstand (or even abu dhabi hill) that needed a bought ticket

Yeah, hard to find reward flights. The World cup is on around the same time… Ended up booking cash fare with gulf air for 465ish. Not the end of the world.

No need to go to grandstand, can’t imagine it’ll be pleasant sitting outside in 30 degree heat. Happy to watch in my hotel room lol. I’m glad we get pitlane access and fanzone area. Did you get access to all 4 nights of the concert too?

FazzyBear 24 posts

Yeah, hard to find reward flights. The World cup is on around the same time… Ended up booking cash fare with gulf air for 465ish. Not the end of the world.

No need to go to grandstand, can’t imagine it’ll be pleasant sitting outside in 30 degree heat. Happy to watch in my hotel room lol. I’m glad we get pitlane access and fanzone area. Did you get access to all 4 nights of the concert too?

Is it possible to find out who this contact at the W hotel is? the Hotel Concierge? I was looking to do something similar in 2023.

Thanks

krvpik 6 posts

its less whan 2 weeks to F1

how many of You comming to W?
    I will be there with friend 17-21 Nov

going back on Finnair to LHR

slidey 287 posts

Anyone checked in to the W yet? What have you been provided with by the hotel?

Last year I got an email before checkin with a pdf ticket for the circuit fan area, this year nothing has been sent. I asked at checkin (after first being given someone elses checkin details) and was told to scan the hotel pass qr code (which is nonsense). Only later did someone bring out the concert wristbands but that felt more by chance than intent, but thats all Ive been given. Currently I dont seem to have anythibg that gives entry to the fan zone.

Ive also been told breakfast is not included, it was last year, im marriott gold so wasnt from status.

RTS 123 posts

Anyone checked in to the W yet? What have you been provided with by the hotel?

Last year I got an email before checkin with a pdf ticket for the circuit fan area, this year nothing has been sent. I asked at checkin (after first being given someone elses checkin details) and was told to scan the hotel pass qr code (which is nonsense). Only later did someone bring out the concert wristbands but that felt more by chance than intent, but thats all Ive been given. Currently I dont seem to have anythibg that gives entry to the fan zone.

Ive also been told breakfast is not included, it was last year, im marriott gold so wasnt from status.

Yep, we are in. Sadly our room isn’t track facing. We were given wristbands and the lanyards. Not sure if this provides access to the course or not. Hopefully it does. No breakfast provided… Also, gold.

cormac 2 posts

Similar experience – got turned back on the way to the fan zone. Security suggested that the hotel was supplying QR codes, the whatever desk weren’t aware.

RTS 123 posts

I managed to bag 2 tickets for Thursday through to Sunday. 😀

slidey 287 posts

As in cash race tickets or from the hotel?

RTS 123 posts

Hotel. 🙂

RTS 123 posts

Actually did any of you manage to get trackside rooms?

Trying to figure out best spot to watch the race..

cormac 2 posts

No track view from the room either this year. Can I ask who did you speak to to get the access passes?

slidey 287 posts

Hotel. 🙂

Are they the tickets that give access to just the fan zone? Did you get them from reception or the whatever desk or someone else?

RTS 123 posts

Sorry, only just got back from the concert! Got it through the whatever team at the hotel.

slidey 287 posts

Thats weird, the whatever desk was adamant that they werent giving out track passes, the lady working there was the same as last year so its not even like shes one of the randoms they get in that dont know whats going on.

The general organization is a bit lol, like at the concerts yesterday the ‘dj’ is like ‘whos ready for usher!’ at 2200.. only for usher to not appear for another 50 mins lol.

RTS 123 posts

Yeah, long ass concert last night. Usher was decent towards the end though!

Found some very nice spots to watch the race on Sunday!

What I have realised, is that W hotel are basically doing a massive money grab this weekend. I’m amazed that every restaurant/bar area basically has a cover charge for 350 AED pp. Imagine if you paid 15k AED for a room this weekend then being told you then have to pay to use the facilities…

moss79 29 posts

We have a track view on 2nd floor. Same as everyone else we didn’t have breakfast we added for 95Aed per night at check-in.

Last night got charged £43 for spaghetti bolognese on room service which is insane.

Hotel is fabulous and service has been great considering how busy the hotel is .

Pitlane walk was closed by time we got there at 2 on Thursday closed around 130pm

slidey 287 posts

Have there been any daily gifts left in anyones rooms, like fruit, candies etc? Other than chocolates on day 1 theres been nothing here, last year there was something every day.

moss79 29 posts

Have there been any daily gifts left in anyones rooms, like fruit, candies etc? Other than chocolates on day 1 theres been nothing here, last year there was something every day.

Yes had a f1 cake and second night had some jars of fruits, chocolate and sweets

RTS 123 posts

We had a day 1 red velvet cake
    Day 2 F1 chocolate car I think.
    Day 3 jars of fruit, sweets etc.
    Day 4… Let’s see

RTS 123 posts

Day 4, bottle of Ferrari Brut.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.