Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Adding child car seat to avios redemption car hire

• Lewis 2 posts

Hi all
    Is there a trick I’m missing to add a child car seat to an Avios redemption car booking as I don’t see any option to do it via an executive club booking.

When prepared to pay cash via carhire-ba.com an extras page appears and I’m able to add it on.

Cheers

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

You probably can’t mix avios and cash elements – just contact the hire company after you’ve booked and ask them to add it on.

cyberstreak 10 posts

Depending on where you are going, this can be hugely expensive and they were basic in the past. When our children were younger and we travelled to the US, we would get the hire car with a car seat, go buy a better one at Walmart for much less than the cost of hiring one for one week, let alone the two weeks were there. We then either game them to a charity or took them home for friends. Did use strong plastic ones for future holidays too.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Actually we did that as well (feels like a long time ago). Depending on the age of the child you can also buy a lightweight booster seat here for about £8 and pack it if you have enough room.

_aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

our kids use the trunki boostapack things that are combined backpacks / booster seats. (from age 4ish I think)

Froggee 896 posts

Our experience in the States, certainly at the major rental centres, is that they have loads and you just need to ask.

One time there was a slight misunderstanding as we’d thought we’d booked one and as we went back to ask, the attendant in the lot where all the cars were parked asked if he could help us and we explained there hadn’t been a car seat in the car. He asked the age of our son, and came back with one seconds later.

We weren’t charged for it

🙂

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.