Addison Lee – anyone actually able to get a booking?!
22nd August 2022 at 19:50decentchap
I have also had a great experience with them today. Booked yesterday for Doubletree Docklands to LHR, driver arrived on time and, although traffic was heavy, he did a great job in getting us to the airport. £60 after Platinum discount which was comparable with HEX plus TFL fares for 2 of us – we hadn’t booked in advance and had heavy luggage with us.23rd August 2022 at 11:17Lady London
Rather surprisingly I used them for a run from Buckinghamshire to Heathrow a couple of weeks ago and they were cheaper than even my most dodgy local taxi firm and no problem prebooking. Otherwise whenever I check the app for prebook or on the spot there is nothing available for credit card. You can get one on account (at a higher price) so I guess they are preferring to do less jobs and maintain availability for those types of customers
Or one could conclude that they don’t want to honour the Amex discount unless they are really desperate for jobs.
A bit like Priority Pass then? That’s 2 things Amex Plat is offering as part of the package for the fee that cardholders actually have no supply for as the supplier is completely free to take other business and not fulfil Amex cardholder requests.23rd August 2022 at 15:09DanielD
I made a booking last night for Saturday afternoon from Kings Cross to Chelsea and quoted price is less than I would expect from Uber/black cabs etc.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Get 100,000 bonus Avios for getting the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card and Premier Banking with Barclays Avios Rewards
Latest Forum Posts
- VALittleRed on Barclaycard Avios Plus holder – the ‘signing up for Barclays Premier’ thread
- Chancer on Hilton skimping on real breakfast (outside of the US) – any experiences?
- polly on Platinum Harvey Nics £50 Credit – Can you buy a gift card?
- Bill on Chat thread – Sunday 27th November
- OldComber on Platinum Harvey Nics £50 Credit – Can you buy a gift card?
- OldComber on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- JDB on Will BA ever re establish all routes cancelled during lockdown?
- DMcK on New £300 Platinum dining credit July 2022
- Charles Martel on Chat thread – Sunday 27th November
- Colin MacKinnon on Will BA ever re establish all routes cancelled during lockdown?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.