Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Addison Lee – anyone actually able to get a booking?!

• decentchap 4 posts

I have also had a great experience with them today. Booked yesterday for Doubletree Docklands to LHR, driver arrived on time and, although traffic was heavy, he did a great job in getting us to the airport. £60 after Platinum discount which was comparable with HEX plus TFL fares for 2 of us – we hadn’t booked in advance and had heavy luggage with us.

Lady London 2,045 posts

Rather surprisingly I used them for a run from Buckinghamshire to Heathrow a couple of weeks ago and they were cheaper than even my most dodgy local taxi firm and no problem prebooking. Otherwise whenever I check the app for prebook or on the spot there is nothing available for credit card. You can get one on account (at a higher price) so I guess they are preferring to do less jobs and maintain availability for those types of customers

Or one could conclude that they don’t want to honour the Amex discount unless they are really desperate for jobs.

A bit like Priority Pass then? That’s 2 things Amex Plat is offering as part of the package for the fee that cardholders actually have no supply for as the supplier is completely free to take other business and not fulfil Amex cardholder requests.

DanielD 15 posts

I made a booking last night for Saturday afternoon from Kings Cross to Chelsea and quoted price is less than I would expect from Uber/black cabs etc.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.