Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Additional luggage with BAEC silver

• yonasl 952 posts

I have a couple of flights with Iberia. Strangely the app recognises my BAEC silver status and allows me to select a seat 👍 but when I go to luggage it simply shows 1 bag to be checked (I should be allowed to two and 32kg instead of 20kg … not that I ever pack more than 12kg 🤷).

Is this normal and just an IT issue that should be not a problem when I do the check in?

Thanks

Jacob 223 posts

I’m Gold and in a similar situation. I’ll know for sure in 10 days when my flight departs. However, in some of the screen in the app I’ve spotted the extra allowance (can’t find it now though). So I would blame IT, for which Iberia is really bad.

sxparkin 54 posts

A related question as I cannot see this on the BA site either – Question : You used to be able to fly both legs of a journey with the baggage allowance on BA of the highest level of travel eg if you fly First out but Business back – you used to be able to fly with First allowance both legs of the journey Has this also been withdrawn by BA too ? Thank you for any clarification !

Joecooljoe 49 posts

Not sure on IB, but AA only lets you have 23kg for each bag for ow sapphire. Argued this with them a few times but they never budge!

I think ba luggage is now sector by sector but I never take more than two anyhow..

JDB 4,339 posts

A related question as I cannot see this on the BA site either – Question : You used to be able to fly both legs of a journey with the baggage allowance on BA of the highest level of travel eg if you fly First out but Business back – you used to be able to fly with First allowance both legs of the journey Has this also been withdrawn by BA too ? Thank you for any clarification !

I think that you may be referring to a connecting flight where, for example, the long haul was in F, you would get the F baggage allowance on the short haul Club connection. I don’t recall the higher allowance being per your post; you get the allowance according to the class/status for the outbound and inbound separately.

ChrisC 956 posts

That ended several years ago.

Niall 113 posts

With Iberia depends where your flying and class. If you look at their baggage page there is a table and you can note that Oneworld sapphire get an extra bag but not overweight (i.e. to 32kg) which it says is just for Iberia Plus Oro/Plata. I think if it’s a BA booking operated by Iberia you may get the whole allowance.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.