Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Hilton Honors Additional random points?

• can 506 posts

Recently, I transferred 13K Amex MR to Hilton. Received 26 HH points. In the Hilton app, in my account statement it says “Membership REX UK”
    So far, so good. It was dated Nov 21.

I just looked at the app today, and realised now there is an extra 2067 points there. The statement says “Membership REX UK” as well.
    And it is dated Nov 22.

I didn’t book/cancel/etc anything anytime near these dates.

Why did I receive 2067 HH points?

Harrier25 852 posts

Strange because I just checked my Hilton Honors account too and I received an additional 70,941 points relating to Amex on the 22nd November. Did a large transfer of Amex points on the 25th October during the 30% additional points promotion.

shub 87 posts

Same here, also transferred during 30% bonus on transfer.

shub 87 posts

Had another look, Random points received is the 30% of points I transferred during the promotion.

can 506 posts

Had another look, Random points received is the 30% of points I transferred during the promotion.

Bingo!
    Yes, I also transferred a small amount from Amex to Hilton during the bonus.
    But I thought the Amex transfer Bonus was already included in the initial transfer?

shub 87 posts

Bingo!
    Yes, I also transferred a small amount from Amex to Hilton during the bonus.
    But I thought the Amex transfer Bonus was already included in the initial transfer?

Yes, I think it was already included. We probably got 30% bonus twice. Not complaining 🙂

can 506 posts

I wish I transferred more then 🙂

Harrier25 852 posts

I thought the Amex transfer Bonus was already included in the initial transfer?

It was. Clearly an error. Just hope they don’t get clawed back!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,203 posts

Nothing for me!

Harrier25 852 posts

Nothing for me!

If these additional bonus points remain, then surely this will make the transfer of MR points one of the best value redemptions of all time…a 60% bonus!!

degsy 151 posts

Same here. Quick spend them before they’re reversed!

Mick S 271 posts

is this promotion still running? I’m closing my AMEX Gold soon and not sure where to credit the points too at the moment.

Harrier25 852 posts

is this promotion still running? I’m closing my AMEX Gold soon and not sure where to credit the points too at the moment.

No, the Amex/Hilton promotion ended on the 3rd November.

DevonDiamond 71 posts

Also had this, let’s see if it sticks

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.