Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Advice for Seychelles honeymoon hotels

• PMG 21 posts

Hi all,

Would love to hear any advice anyone has for hotels(/anything else) in the Seychelles.
    We are going on our honeymoon for 10 days in August (fingers crossed anyway) and trying to figure out the best plan.
    Have read that’s lots of people do try and do multiple islands/hotels but ideally we wouldn’t want to be changing hotels more than once.

Some points relevant to our situation:
    – looking to spend ~800-1,000 GBP per night ideally including Breakfast
    – Hilton Diamond (so was considering both Northolme and Labriz)
    – both vegetarians so having access to a little choice of food would be nice
    – My fiancée loves the idea of a pool as part of the room…so that probably needs to happen 😄

Appreciate any and all advice 😊

meta 1,439 posts

For that amount of money per night, I’d look outside Hilton group and choose Raffles on Praslin for your second stop. They have rooms with private pools, but you also have the benefit of staying on an island full of stunning beaches (and also the famous La Digues is only a short boat ride away. I’d spend less nights on Mahé, 3 nights was enough for me. Hilton Northolme beach is also very small. Depends on what you want to do. I like to combine beach days with exploring or hiking, so being stuck on a smallish Labriz didn’t appeal.

PMG 21 posts

For that amount of money per night, I’d look outside Hilton group and choose Raffles on Praslin for your second stop. They have rooms with private pools, but you also have the benefit of staying on an island full of stunning beaches (and also the famous La Digues is only a short boat ride away. I’d spend less nights on Mahé, 3 nights was enough for me. Hilton Northolme beach is also very small. Depends on what you want to do. I like to combine beach days with exploring or hiking, so being stuck on a smallish Labriz didn’t appeal.

Thanks Meta, especially that spending three nights on Mahé was enough time!

Had a look at Raffles for our dates and maybe slightly outside our price range if you don’t go for the non-refundable. But could get it in and go somewhere cheaper for the rest 😊

George K 292 posts

We stayed not too far from Northolme, right on the big stretch of the Beau Vallon beach. As a beach, I found it really good, in the sense that it was both long and quiet enough (in some parts) to enjoy the sea. I would certainly recommend that part of the island, but, the best bits are indeed off Mahe, like meta said, into Praslin and La Digue.

We did use Mahe as a base, as like you we didn’t want to check in and out of multiple properties. Day trips to Praslin and La Digue were more than enough for our tastes. We also did a nice hike on the Anse Major trail west of Beau Vallon, then was picked up by a zodiac from Anse Major beach, boarded a catamaran off the coast and then went diving around the western part of the island where the marine national park is.

I’d recommend a trip to Moyenne island too, which used to be owned by a Brit who lived like Robinson Crusoe. When he died, he gave the island back to the locals. We enjoyed La Digue a lot, being a vehicle-free island with bicycles given as you come off the boat.

*sigh*

meta 1,439 posts

@PMG Look for Amex FHR rates or with Emyr. You will also get a free breakfast, credit to spend on F&B or spa, late checkout.

My parents did the same as George, but it will be a lot of daily travelling and extra costs with either boat or plane. For boat, beware that waters can be choppy in July/August… We also rented a car both on Praslin (independent) and Mahé (Avis). I find it just so much easier not to depend on taxis/public transport although they are good according to my parents.

Not sure if Cat still posts on the forum and under what handle, but she’s the HfP resident expert on Seychelles.

Hbommie 193 posts

What are the entry restrictions atm? I’m thinking of an end of March trip and would prefer somewhere without any test on arrival (or departure for that matter).
    Thanks

YC 229 posts

There is a new LXR hotel (hilton) which looks nice and a good deal on points if u wanted to stay on Mahe. If you wanted a private island, you could do the Six Senses on points (buy on promo) for that budget. Have not been to Seychelles myself but keen to visit and heard the best beaches are on La digue/Praslin so I was aiming to do at least 3-4days on those two islands if its 10 days. Start with Mahe -> La Digue/Praslin -> SS then helicopter back to airport

masaccio 722 posts

Our only experience is Constance Ephelia though in their lowest category room. On a honeymoon budget you may be able to afford the very swanky hillside villas that have a pool and overlook their incredible beach. Food (outside the buffet restaurant) is exceptional and wine selection first class. Scuba is off the beach and well run though the dive sites are sometimes rather samey. Constance have a resort on Praslin too and I can’t imagine it’s any less plush

meta 1,439 posts

Yes, I forgot about Constance Lemuria on Praslin. The resort has three stunning beaches including Anse Georgette which is in my top 3 beaches.

Cat 120 posts

Definitely Constance Lemuria or Raffles. Anse Georgette is unbelievably beautiful, as is Anse Lazio (a bit of a walk from Raffles, or a hike from Constance Lemuria).

I would steer clear of Mahe, and stick to Praslin and La Digue.

I would also recommend picking a B&B on La Digue for at least a couple of nights, ideally one that is South of La Passe, and as close to Anse Source D’Argent as possible. You’ll be missing out if you see it on just a day trip – it’s unbelievably beautiful. Have a proper explore, and if you enjoy hiking at all, organise a guided hike to Anse Marron.

PMG 21 posts

Definitely Constance Lemuria or Raffles. Anse Georgette is unbelievably beautiful, as is Anse Lazio (a bit of a walk from Raffles, or a hike from Constance Lemuria).

I would steer clear of Mahe, and stick to Praslin and La Digue.

I would also recommend picking a B&B on La Digue for at least a couple of nights, ideally one that is South of La Passe, and as close to Anse Source D’Argent as possible. You’ll be missing out if you see it on just a day trip – it’s unbelievably beautiful. Have a proper explore, and if you enjoy hiking at all, organise a guided hike to Anse Marron.

Thank you all Cat and everyone for your replies – appreciate it and all of the input is really useful!
    Now just need to put the entire plan together 🙂

PMG 21 posts

Just wanted to say thank you for all the advice many months ago – we returned a few days ago and it was an amazing trip based also hugely on the input from everyone here 🙂

We ended up doing 4 days at Hilton Labriz and then 7 days at Raffles including multiple trips to other islands; La Digue on multiple occasions and Curieuse. On the last day before our flight we had a 8-hour tour around Mahe which we found was actually enough to see a lot of the island.

Hilton Labriz had very good status recognition and enough things to do for the four days we were there, but glad we left after that time.
    The location for Raffles is amazing and we visited Anse Lazio a couple of times.
    Think if we went back I would spend more time on La Digue and pack less things – we did not want to move around hotels too much with all of our luggage (both me and my wife aren’t very efficient packers…)

Every single person we met during our stay was absolutely lovely and welcoming – could not recommend it more to anyone else!!

Cat 120 posts

Only just seen this! Glad you both had such an amazing time @PMG!

It’s such a stunning part of the world!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.