Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Advice please / return flight cancelled

• johnny 27 posts

I’d be grateful for any wisdom or advice circulating on these boards. Wizz Air cancelled our return from (beautiful) Ljubljana LJU to LTN. I selected the earliest rebooking option which is Tuesday (3 nights). Our hotel can extend our booking, so we do have accommodation. My questions are:
    – I have Amex platinum but did not use the card for this booking with Wizz as we redeemed Wizz points plus seat charges on Visa. Am I covered by Amex, and for what? I also have travel insurance through Nationwide FlexPlus.
    – What about incidentals such as laundry and food?
    – what about my short stay parking at LTN? Presumably I will need to stump up an additional £67 per day to exit?

Thank you

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,441 posts

You didn’t say when is your flight.

johnny 27 posts

You didn’t say when is your flight.

Scheduled return was 1600 2 July, earliest rebooked return is 16h00 5 July.

JDB 4,384 posts

@johnny the sections of the Amex Plat relevant to you here require payment with Amex, although some have reported they have had this condition waived.

Wizz owes you compensation for the cancellation, plus duty of care to cover the hotel, food and some phone/internet. It seems they aren’t very good about this, but they are on Aviation ADR if you run into difficulties.

I don’t believe they will pay for laundry, extra parking costs or other reasonable consequential losses which would be a matter for insurance, but the insurer may ask you first to attempt to recover these costs from the airline.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    SamG 1,644 posts

Nationwide FlexPlus covers the car parking up to £500, I have claimed for this before. The rest they’ll expect you to recover from Wizzair. Don’t think anyone will pay for laundry though but reasonable hotel and food (not alcohol) you should be OK with eventually with Wizzair!

johnny 27 posts

Thank you @JDB and @SamG

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.