Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Aerolíneas Argentinas – ticketed but not charged

• tom3107 1 post

Before Christmas I paid for flights Mendoza-Buenos Aires (5 day gap) Montevideo-Rio via Buenos Aires for August. The fight has been ticketed, and indeed re-ticketed since one of the fights was rescheduled. I paid in USD on a British Amex card and the transaction of 535USD was pending for 7 days however it since disappeared and I still have not been charged. I have all booking confirmation and tickets, and the reservation views correctly online.

Contacting Aerolíneas Argentinas they are adamant that there is not an issue and the ticket has been charged correctly even saying that I must have missed the charge on my statement. Does anybody have any advice please? I have visions of getting to check in and being denied boarding unless I pay an extortionate last minute ticket.

JDB 4,386 posts

With an AR email booking confirmation you usually receive a PDF version of an e-ticket for each passenger, so if those have been issued and show the form of payment etc you should be fine. It’s quite difficult to insist on paying a big organisation that insists it has been paid, but there probably will be a reconciliation at some point when they will ask you to pay, but there’s no reason to ask you to pay more than the US$ sum paid although if it was a pre-devaluation booking, I don’t know how they will treat it.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.