Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Air France revenue based redemption

• Mikeact 232 posts

Anybody care to beat this outlandish ‘Reward’ ?

SFO to CDG. BUSINESS CLASS. ONE WAY. JAN ’23

1,400000 (Yes..ONE MILLION,400 THOUSAND MILES)

Plenty of availability !

Comrade Chag 79 posts

That comma gave me a stroke.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,205 posts

This is what happens with revenue based redemptions.

We were discussing this at a conference recently. Most of us felt tbey give a bad impression and should be scrapped. Apparently, however, the odd one is actually booked.

ed_fly 213 posts

That is ridiculous. I suppose on the positive side reward availability will be good. And your 241 would look even more valuable!

Fraser 53 posts

Does anyone have a “value per point” for Air France? We all seem to use 1p as the value of Avios or Virgin Points, but I am looking to book Edinburgh to Paris return, and have the choice to book with either scheme.

Presumably due to revenue based redemptions, Air France are offering cheaper seats in Business than in Economy! (20k versus 22k points)
    Virgin are showing NO availability in economy with points for the same flights, so the options for a return in Business (direct) are:

41,000 AF Flying Blue points + €102.68 (approx £91)
    or
    18,000 Virgin Points + £90.25

So does this look right, that if Virgin Points are worth 1p, AF points are “worth” just 0.43p each?

I assume there is no tier point earning with Virgin on AF flights. I cannot find the cancellation terms either, are they the same as on Virgin Atlantic, eg £30 fee to change or cancel and full refund of the points and balance of fees?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.