8th July 2023 at 06:38r6mile 20 posts
I am thinking of using AirportR on our upcoming LGW-BRI flight. For those that have used it, a couple of questions:
1. Do they really take care of Check in, and you can just go straight to security?
2. Does anyone have a promo or referral code they could share?
Thanks a lot!8th July 2023 at 07:17can2 325 posts
I had opened a thread about the same issue a while ago.
Now I booked the service to use end of July.
1. I think so. But I’ll double check at the desk to make sure anyway.
2. A careful google search revealed one for me. I cannot remember what it was but it helped.
One thing they don’t advertise well is that if you want to use the service for 2-3 pieces of luggage the price gets very good. In my understanding there is a base price + price per item. So price per item reduces significantly when you send 3 for instance.8th July 2023 at 08:25r6mile 20 posts
Thank you will see if I can find the code in Google!
I am taking 3-4 pieces of luggage plus 2 car seats (we are a family of 5), and I think the quote was £62 which I thought was very good. Especially since we were quoted £320 for MPV transfer to the airport…8th July 2023 at 09:12Gavin454 151 posts
It’s a great service, I’ve used it several times (including once when it was provided complementary via BA as a one-off offer due to airport congestion etc). I find it particularly useful for bulky luggage such as a bicycle or skis. You don’t need to go to the check in desk at the airport, just go straight to security with your boarding pass. It’s a little disconcerting waving goodbye to your bags at your doorstep and not seeing them again until your destination, but it works.
I can’t seem to find a referral code in my account. You might find a referral link if you search for one of the old HFP articles about Airportr.8th July 2023 at 14:15e14 212 posts
Yes they do take care of check in !
My referral link is https://airportr.mention-me.com/m/ol/mc9uw-5d752caeb4
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Interview: Sir Tim Clark, CEO Emirates, on his new Business Class, success of Premium Economy
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- NorthernLass on Booking return flight
- yorkshireRich on Chat thread – Saturday 2nd March
- curiously on Best Amex option for my wife?
- t42 on Heathrow and Hong Kong lounges for first status trip
- Richie on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- LeeClarke1 on Seeking advice on tier points strategy
- Bill_B on Avios not refunded
- BBbetter on Apple iPhone 15 offer on Platinum card?
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Avios not refunded
- damboy5 on Apple iPhone 15 offer on Platinum card?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.