Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Airportr experience?

• can 506 posts

Wife and the kid will fly translatlantic soon and due to a last minute work thingy, I won’t be able to take them to LHR. I was planning to use Airportr to help them with their luggage + push chair.
    Anyone has any experience with them? Is there any referral or discount code I can use?

can 506 posts

And is there an alternative to it, which may potentially work with a Jet Blue flight. It seems that airport doesn’t.

e14 259 posts

I can refer you for 25% off but from LHR the only options seem to be BA, AA and Swiss; I thought there used to be a service where they would take your bags to a service desk in the terminal instead of checking them in, but I can’t seem to find it on their website anymore.

WaynedP 258 posts

I had a good experience with Airportr in May this year, courtesy of BA who arranged (at no charge) a single, one-hour window for 2 free bags to be picked up from our doorstep on the morning of the day of our late evening flight (my wife and I).

Communication was good, driver was prompt, polite, professional and helpful (a beefy young Polish bloke who wasn’t afraid to haul suitcases into his van), and travelling to LHR later that day without luggage was delightfully stress-free and cheap.

First time I’ve used Airportr and I will definitely factor them into the assessment of cost, convenience and time taken variables when deciding how to get to the airport in future.

can 506 posts

I need it for two flights: for the first, it seems it won’t work as the flight is not BA/AA/Swiss and it is from LGW.
    The other is a BA club flight from LHR.

@WaynedP
    I was wondering why there was no charge?

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,075 posts

BA had an offer on to try and reduce pressure on the baggage and checkin systems

@e14 There did indeed used to be such a servive – have the bags taken to the airport for you and you’d then collect them and check them in yourself (so no need to have checked in and got BP before they got their bags). I even investigated just getting them to take bags from LGW – AMS. It didn’t matter what airline you were flying just the terminal mattered.

@can
    what help exactly do you want? Airportr will collect bags and deliver them to the airline (assuming they serve your airline). If you want to check the push chair in they will take that but it means your partner won’t have it available until arrival at their destination plus you need to have everything ready usually the day before flight for the service to work.

If you want help at the airport then perhaps using a local taxi firm to take then their and request the driver helps with taking the bags etc to check in

WaynedP 258 posts

I need it for two flights: for the first, it seems it won’t work as the flight is not BA/AA/Swiss and it is from LGW.
    The other is a BA club flight from LHR.

@WaynedP
    I was wondering why there was no charge?

No idea why BA offered the service gratis – could have been any one, none or all of:
    1) I was a Gold member flying CW
    2) BA’s attempt to mitigate residual luggage chaos at LHR (bad press peaked around Easter 2022 as I recall)
    3) Selected for a trial BA-Airportr partnership

But when I priced up for my own interest, it seemed a competitive option against LHR parking or taxi both ways. Of course you have to factor in cost of taxi for the home journey, unless you are happy to brave public transport manhandling your wife’s larger, heavier luggage while she breezes through with your own smaller, lighter case …

StillintheSun 137 posts

I’ve used them once in both directions. Really impressed with the service pre-covid but not used post. My experience was 10/10. Easy to book a slot, polite, turned up on time and security seemed very sensible (tag through zip holes that had to be broken to remove). Sensibly priced. They deserve to turn a decent profit.

can 506 posts

We are in North London, the flight is from LGW. I initially remembered that the flight was supposed to be from LHR, so airportr would’ve been an option. But, now I was told that the flight is from LGW. And the cab fares are pretty high from N Lon to LGW. On top of it, they are not reliable.
    Trip to LGW would be fine and civil without the luggage…

They also serve LGW. You just need to select it from a drop down list

can 506 posts

Not for a JetBlue flight, it seems. Am I missing something?

Ah sorry missed this was for a B6 flight

WaynedP 258 posts

Email received this morning from Airportr announced they’ve restarted services for VS from LHR with immediate effect …

“We’re delighted to let you know that we’ve now restarted services with Virgin Atlantic.

Our doorstep check-in service is now available to book on all Virgin flights from London Heathrow, in addition to our existing partners, British Airways and American Airlines.

We look forward to announcing additional airline and airport coverage early in the New Year.”

KPE 1 post

Hi @E14, any chance you still have a referral discount you can share?

I can refer you for 25% off but from LHR the only options seem to be BA, AA and Swiss; I thought there used to be a service where they would take your bags to a service desk in the terminal instead of checking them in, but I can’t seem to find it on their website anymore.

can2 460 posts

I will be using airports in July. Does anyone have any discount/referral code etc?
    It will be for BA.

e14 259 posts

I will be using airports in July. Does anyone have any discount/referral code etc?
    It will be for BA.

https://airportr.mention-me.com/m/ol/mc9uw-5d752caeb4

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.