Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Alaska Airlines miles expiring – ideas?

• Travelwide 3 posts

I have some Alaska miles that I have not been able to use due to Covid. I can only find that Alaska is extending the expiration till 31 Dec 2021 when I google. Have there been any updates since? Also, what can I do to stop the miles from expiring other than flying?

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    DonLee 214 posts

I donated 1000 miles to stop my miles expire

Lyn 188 posts

I don’t know if Alaska’s shopping portal works for members outside the US / Canada, but if so the miles usually post fairly quickly. For instance, you could try an inexpensive used book from AbeBooks.

QFFlyer 156 posts

No further extension I’m aware of. I transferred some Marriott points to Alaska to reset my balance (if you have none, you can get Marriott points by transferring Amex MR points).

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Errol 5 posts

You can buy online products such as anti-virus software, Microsoft software etc through MileagePlan portal.

Or what I find is easy if you don’t need shopping is just hire your next car or book next hotel via Mileage Plan for use in the UK/Europe.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.