All Inclusive Hiltons in Egypt
22nd September 2023 at 13:36can2 266 posts
Never been to Egypt and currently considering it for a beach + history trip. Two quick questions:
1. Would it be too hot in the summer school holidays?
2. Is it safe?
3. Anyone has any experience with the Hilton resorts at the Red Sea coast?22nd September 2023 at 13:45Aston100 1,182 posts
1. For me, definitely yes. When we went in January a few years ago, it was mid to high 20s around Sharm. I dread to think what the 40 degrees heat (in the shade) in July & August will be like.
2. I’d be more worried about getting shanked in London TBH.
3. Sorry can’t help here.22nd September 2023 at 14:02NorthernLass 5,842 posts
The best historical/archaeological sites are at Karnak/Luxor/Cairo which aren’t near any beaches, so are you planning a 2-centre trip? It would definitely be too hot for me in July/August, we went to Luxor in early May years ago and it was nudging 40 C. Tours to places like the Valley of the Kings would be setting off about 6 am.
It’s probably as safe as anywhere, partly because there’s a heavily armed police and military presence in the tourist areas to deter incidents like the attack at Denderah in the 90s. I imagine the risk at Red Sea resorts is very low – I think you need to be more worried about the shark attacks which have been reported recently!22nd September 2023 at 14:23Amy C 336 posts
Have been to Egypt a million times. Inc July/August in Luxor (horrendous). July on Red Sea was also pretty unbearable.
I think I stayed at a Hilton in Marsa Alarm. It was fine, nothing memorable.22nd September 2023 at 14:27can2 266 posts
Many thanks! Hopefully we can try the May bank holiday week. And yes, we are hoping for Cairo or Luxor and a beach22nd September 2023 at 18:17SamG 1,512 posts
Easyjet and Wizzair are starting flights to Cario “Sphinx” Airport which could be interesting to self build a 2 centre trip with a flight back out of Sharm22nd September 2023 at 20:18Aston100 1,182 posts
Easyjet and Wizzair are starting flights to Cario “Sphinx” Airport
Oh no, the LCC cockney crowd are going to have ‘bantz’ when they see the sign for “Giza” airport.
Like there’s always a group of lads on every Ryan Air flight to Agadir who upon landing burst into “Aaaaaaa grrrrrrr dir dir dir push pineapple shake a beer…”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Onboard ‘Flight100’ – the first transatlantic flight powered by 100% sustainable aviation fuel
IAG planning ‘consistent elite tiers’ across BA, Iberia and Aer Lingus – what does this mean?
Bits: Heathrow Express drops its £5.50 tickets, get £150 with a Malaysia Airlines booking
Lots of Singapore Club and First Class Avios availability for four people in April-July 2024
100,000 POINTS BONUS: Why American Express Platinum gets you in more lounges than you think
Before Virgin’s historic SAF flight tomorrow, I visited Rolls-Royce in Derby to learn more
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- BA Flyer IHG Stayer on Denied by Dufry – how to get from LHR T3 to T4 airside?
- davefl on Chat thread – Sunday 3rd December
- anuj on Denied by Dufry – how to get from LHR T3 to T4 airside?
- shanghaiguizi on Denied by Dufry – how to get from LHR T3 to T4 airside?
- WrS on Curve changes from November 10th
- zapato1060 on Advise: best use of 2-4-1 living in Cyprus
- zapato1060 on Help me book a 2-4-1 open jaw?
- kitster on Post your British Airways Premium Plus retention offers!
- JonathanC on Booking Aerolíneas in local ARS currency
- NigelHamilton on Eurostar tickets for the Olympics
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.