Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night expiration date query

• ale.xx 7 posts

Hi. I have one Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night expiring on Feb 1, 2022. Its says “Redeem before February 1, 2022”. Can I book now and stay later in 2022, or a stay must be completed by Feb 1 2022? Thank you!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    zio 249 posts

Unfortunately it’s stay by not book by. I think the rule was you need to have the voucher on your account when you check in. Someone else may have more recent experience…

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

Yes, it’s stay by, it will show as expired in your account from Feb 1st. Have you previously asked for an extension? IHG will give one-time extensions for 6 months if you email the Ambassador dept and explain that you haven’t had chance to use the 2nd night free certificate due to Covid restrictions.
    Kimpton and Regent also seem to have quietly extended their participation to the end of this year as well, so you’re not totally limited to using it at weekends.

ale.xx 7 posts

Thanks! What about an IHG Rewards Club Premium Credit Card Anniversary Night? It says “Book between 23/07/2020 – 08/02/2022”. Does that mean I have to book by 08/02/2022 and stay later? Thank you

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

Those are “book by” unless they’ve already been extended. They disappear from your account once you’ve made the booking, unlike the Ambassador voucher, so you can’t use them to check different availability.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.