Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express American Express £200 travel credit on personal Platinum

• Ash 621 posts

Does anyone know if this resets every calender or card year? The Amex chat rep wasn’t sure.

And it automatically appears at checkout when booking online when logged into Amex Travel?

Many thanks

Skywalker 693 posts

I thought this £200 credit was on the business platinum – what did I miss?! 😯

KD 33 posts

Do you mean the the us personal platinum? We don’t get such a credit in the U.K.

Anyway it is per calendar year if talking about the us card.

ed_fly 201 posts

I think it’s a one off bonus on hitting £6k spend on plat personal for sign ups during recent 60k MR sub period. The £200 is credit is highlighted when selecting the plat card during log-in process. Though I’ve not used mine yet, so don’t know if it’s applied automatically or if you have to select it.

Ash 621 posts

Here’s the offer (expired) https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/10/24/last-chance-60000-points-200-travel-credit-with-amex-platinum/

@ed_fly
    yes its the one and the same….where do you see you it on when you login? I’ve looked for it in my “offers” sections, not there. Was told by Amex Travel rep it “automatically” appears when you come to checkout during online booking. Tested it with a £200+ hotel booking, went all the way to the checkout page, never shown an option to add the £200 credit.

ed_fly 201 posts

Here’s the offer (expired) https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/10/24/last-chance-60000-points-200-travel-credit-with-amex-platinum/

@ed_fly
    yes its the one and the same….where do you see you it on when you login? I’ve looked for it in my “offers” sections, not there. Was told by Amex Travel rep it “automatically” appears when you come to checkout during online booking. Tested it with a £200+ hotel booking, went all the way to the checkout page, never shown an option to add the £200 credit.

I’ve more than one Amex card, so when I log in it asks what card I want to select. The platinum card has the £200 credit, alongside FHR etc. whereas other card only references hotel collection. I’m sure someone else will have used it and be able to advise more

Erico1875 145 posts

Yes, I got it as soon as I hit the £6k target spend.
    It comes as a credit when you spend through Amex travel.
    In reality, it was worth about £150 as I could have got the hotel we booked £50 cheaper by booking elsehere

KenC 19 posts

Yes, I got it as soon as I hit the £6k target spend.
    It comes as a credit when you spend through Amex travel.
    In reality, it was worth about £150 as I could have got the hotel we booked £50 cheaper by booking elsehere

I spent mine as soon as I got it. I could see that Amex travel booked my hotel through Expedia and I therefore got it at the same rate as if I’d gone direct to Expedia (less, of course, the £200 credit).

AndyGWP 275 posts

Hi folks… so for clarity from those that received this. When you say you “got it”, is it an offer you need to add to the card when you hit the spend?

Or do I cross my fingers, just make the spend and hope for the rebate?

sm 178 posts

Hi folks… so for clarity from those that received this. When you say you “got it”, is it an offer you need to add to the card when you hit the spend?

Or do I cross my fingers, just make the spend and hope for the rebate?

No need to save any offer. When you make a booking through Amex Travel, it will ask you to select which account you are using and when you click on your platinum it should show the £200 rebate/credit will be applied on reservation. With my hotel booking, the credit appeared Before the main transaction!

Ash 621 posts

Mine hasn’t posted after 2 weeks…amex chat told me it can take from 31 to 150 days to post!!! Losing faith in Amex

AndyGWP 275 posts

brill – thanks @sm

tanfel 1 post

Can the £200 travel credit be clawed back? I booked a hotel stay using my travel credit but then had a refund which caused my membership points to be clawed back. But as I have already booked using the travel credit option, will it still credit to my account? Bit worried as it was a non refundable booking. But to be fair the booking would push the total spend back over the £6000 threshold.

chrishond 42 posts

How can I check whether this has been received?

It was part of my sign up offer and I’ve spent the £6k and received the 60k Amex points ready

KJC 9 posts

It was part of my sign up offer and I’ve spent the £6k and received the 60k Amex points ready

You can see it on the amex travel website when you’re logged in. Just do a search for a flight/hotel and you should see it (in the top right corner if I remember rightly).

Mine hasn’t posted after 2 weeks…amex chat told me it can take from 31 to 150 days to post!!! Losing faith in Amex

Same, going on 3 weeks now…annoying as when I made the amex travel booking it said the credit would hit my account in 3 working days.

SteveJ 977 posts

It will be there in your rewards point statement, awarded on the same date as your sign up bonus, shows as follows:

Welcome Bonus Amex Travel Credit

Earned

jeanlw 9 posts

Can I just check that this is offered only to who who applied for the Plat card via that specific offer and not to all Plat card holders? Thanks,

AndyGWP 275 posts

Can I just check that this is offered only to who who applied for the Plat card via that specific offer and not to all Plat card holders? Thanks,

correct – was just a short term signup incentive

on a completely different note (to follow up my earlier query), I’ve just utilised my credit…

Relieved that there was a couple of places during the booking process that it makes it very clear you are using it (including the payment page where you have to tick a box to say you want to use it)

jeanlw 9 posts

thanks for clarifying!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.