Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex FHR hotel booking

• Professor Calculus 37 posts

Hello

I am confused I seem to get 2 prices for the same trip !!

One price when I call the FHR team Travel team at AMEX and one when I go online via their travel website for the same trip.

For example it was £3800 (£900 deposit ) via the travel team on the phone and £3500 via their online website however for this price they would take full payment .They told me prices should be the same regardless if I do it via phone or online.

Is anyone aware of this issue ?

Thanks

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,202 posts

Odd. Did you, say, just search for 1 person whilst the phone team searched for 2?

Professor Calculus 37 posts

no its was a booking for 2 people .

Wiseoldman 69 posts

online you do have to make sure it is pricing for 2 people. the default is one. I’m sure youve checked so very odd

bruinbrown 59 posts

When I book through FHR I do regularly see a bit of difference between the pay at hotel rate and the rate as quoted online. For example if I book a hotel and choose to pay at the hotel then it might price at £220 but the equivalent pay now rate might be in the region of £223. Your comments suggest that one might be a pay in advance rate and the other is a pay at hotel rate, however, I wouldn’t expect that to lead to a £400 difference.

The only other thing I can think is whether one rate had a different cancellation policy to the other. I’ve noticed an increased number of FHR hotels offering non-refundable rates now rather than the usual 24 hour cancellation policy.

JDB 4,384 posts

These FHR rates are very random and the benefits rather illusory. If I had a £3,800 booking to make, I would contact the hotel directly and be very confident of getting a better deal than FHR on price, inclusions, payment/cancellation terms and confirmed upgrade. A £3,800 stay means the hotel probably has to pay £600+ commission to Amex…

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.