Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Plat charge card referral

• hugo r 279 posts

Has anyone got a 70k referral (spend 4K / 3 months ) they can send to my wife ????

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,194 posts

They have all been expired, replaced by 65k links in line with the current promo.

Tariq 79 posts

Still showing in my Amex app:

Earn 70,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points
    for being invited to American Express, when you spend £6,000 on your Card within the first 6 months of Cardmembership. Ends 1 June 2022.

Andrew J 769 posts

for being invited to American Express, when you spend £6,000 on your Card within the first 6 months of Cardmembership. Ends 1 June 2022.

+1

MattB 259 posts

The 70k referral I got was for spending £4k in 3 months

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,194 posts

That was before the current 60k ‘open to all’ offer started last week.

AY 27 posts

65k referral on my platinum, doesn’t mention anything about a spend level.

peld 28 posts

I am utterly furious at Amex at the moment.

I applied via a 70k link in early Feb. Checked via chat several times as had no spend tracker, and uploaded evidence of the link I used. Every time i checked it was “still under investigation”. Hit my £4k spend this week so asked again. Chat says only the 30k showing.
    They ask for a screenshot of the offer – but its now 3 months old and expired.
    Rang Brighton and they “have no record of a 70k referral offer”. Senior manager is phoning me this week.

P*ssed off isnt the word

hugo r 279 posts

Email the exec office they will sort it (as they did with me ) or email the U.K. country manager -email on ceo…. Normally get resolved in 48-72 hours

Gavin454 157 posts

My Platinum card shows:

Your friend will receive

Membership Rewards® points if they spend £6,000 in their first 6 months of Cardmembership. Ends 1 June 2022.

With me receiving 30k – if anyone wants referring let me know!

peld 28 posts

HELP! Anyone?! @Rob ?

A manager called me today and they said they have NO RECORD of a 70,000 point referral offer in the UK.
    I cant believe their bare faced lying.

Does anyone have a picture, screenshot, link to an old website or anything that helps prove they did?

Reney 755 posts

That was before the current 60k ‘open to all’ offer started last week.

Rob, any insights on a 40k BAPP offer anytime soon? Just finished my 24 month break and have some large purchases coming up.

peld 28 posts

Can you take a screen shot of this for me?

Tariq 79 posts

Sure, took this earlier. Looks like the referral links have disappeared from the app, but still in the website.

Amex Plat 70K pts

Tariq 79 posts

Can you take a screen shot of this for me?

Sure:

amexplat

Damian 23 posts

I am utterly furious at Amex at the moment.

I applied via a 70k link in early Feb. Checked via chat several times as had no spend tracker, and uploaded evidence of the link I used. Every time i checked it was “still under investigation”. Hit my £4k spend this week so asked again. Chat says only the 30k showing.
    They ask for a screenshot of the offer – but its now 3 months old and expired.
    Rang Brighton and they “have no record of a 70k referral offer”. Senior manager is phoning me this week.

P*ssed off isnt the word

I will email screenshot I have to Rob to send to you.

peld 28 posts

So quick update – so as above a senior manager called me and disputed the 70k offer. He said they have ever offered 70k, but if you can find evidence we will look in to it. Obviously I was raging, and set about trying to find evidence (thanks Tariq!).

I had started to compile various screenshots and links to prove my case to upload to the document portal.

Anyway on Sunday morning, i logged in to the app (eventually) and lo and behold, 70,000 points had been credited (30k welcome and 40k referral). So fortunately their systems must have known about it!!!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,194 posts

Glad you got it sorted. I have a screnshot now if anyone else has issues, although Amex’s IT is generally decent. The call centre seems to be getting worse though ….

MattB 259 posts

Made a large transaction on Monday to take me over the £4k spend and 70k posted today. Never had a tracker in app or on the website.

idrive 27 posts

Sorry I may be later but anyway..I got 70K Bonus New Plat offer available and happy to invite

I also would be interested in inviting to join II (ISA available, platform fees free for 1 year), if allowed to post here

Rob, Feel free to delete if that’s the case. thanks

tilly c 44 posts

Hi I drive – is the referral 70k for spending 4K in 3 months if so can u send referral to me please tillycortex@mail.com

jek 116 posts

Hi I drive – is the referral 70k for spending 4K in 3 months if so can u send referral to me please tillycortex@mail.com

I believe the current promo is 65k for spending 6K in 6 months (at least that I can refer to).

whuaremassive 42 posts

If it is 70k for 4K in 4 months Ild be interested too

Andrew J 769 posts

It’s 70k for £6k in 6 months.

starquake 5 posts

Sorry I may be later but anyway..I got 70K Bonus New Plat offer available and happy to invite

I also would be interested in inviting to join II (ISA available, platform fees free for 1 year), if allowed to post here

Rob, Feel free to delete if that’s the case. thanks

PM me I can generate you a referral for II, remember there are no “free” trades on II on an referral though (ie you do not build up trading credit on account). It’s still a good deal, and use regular investments to invest to avoid most “real time” fees if you time it right.
    It’ll help me out as I’m “low” on trading credit too, and have some rebalancing to do.
    Email me on starquakey@gmail.com

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.