Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Platinum 60k

• whatever 5 posts

Quick question sorry if it’s already been asked but wondering if there’s a downgrade card option after achieving the 60k bonus? Alternatively if I cancel the card do I receive a proportionate refund?

danstravel 31 posts

There are 2 downgrade options – Gold and Amex Rewards. The only other two MR earning cards in the Amex family. And yes you will receive a pro rata refund

cska 55 posts

Probably worth mentioning that strictly speaking it’s not actually a downgrade, it’s a separate credit application to open one of the two aforementioned cards and then you transfer your MR points into the newly created account.

zapato1060 622 posts

Probably worth mentioning that strictly speaking it’s not actually a downgrade, it’s a separate credit application to open one of the two aforementioned cards and then you transfer your MR points into the newly created account.

Would opening a AMEX rewards solely to save MR points, stop me from opening the Platinum in say, 8 months time to benefit from rewards without SUB?

Aston100 1,385 posts

Would opening a AMEX rewards solely to save MR points, stop me from opening the Platinum in say, 8 months time to benefit from rewards without SUB?

I’ve held the ARCC + Plat; ARCC + PRG; PRG + Plat.
    No issues, other than of course no possibility of a SUB.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.