Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Platinum – Customer service via chat

• S879 96 posts

How have people found CS via chat in recent times? I am finding my spend offers don’t trigger and they keep asking me to wait for like 90 days. Then added a supplementary 1.5 months ago but no sign of 5k MR points. Took half an hour on chat for these two to be told I need to wait for up to 150 days! 5 months? I think they just assume that anyone who pays almost £600 for a card would not chase up the missing 5k points and £50 Harvey Nichols. I said I could read T&Cs but the point of contacting via chat is that that could easily see my transaction and my supplementary and sort out the failure in THEIR automated system. Answer was a no so I doubt I’d be keeping it for too long. I would even say their offers are misleading as in the past year I’ve had to chase up many times on other Amex cards too, often just giving up. Times really are hard for them it seems.

pointsfan 38 posts

It feels like the customer service is worse now than it was 12 months ago. I used to think it was excellent, not so much anymore.

Aston100 1,383 posts

The overseas agents are dreadful.
    I try to avoid the web chat and instead phone and ask to be put through to the Brighton team (who are generally excellent).

Carlos 758 posts

The T&C mention how long you need to wait before the points will be added and also for the HN credit

alig4th 322 posts

From memory the standard T&C say something like “normally posted in 5 days but in RARE circumstances can take up to 90/150 days”.

Seems like the rare circumstances are becoming a lot less rare based on personal experience and some of the threads here

NorthernLass 7,591 posts

The HN credit posted to my gold card 2 days after spending the £250. It was odd, though, it didn’t show on my home page but I eventually found it in my list of transactions, then a few days later it appeared in the “savings” section.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.