Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Amex Platinum Marriott Gold Elite benefit

• billleigh 2 posts

Just got an AMEX Platinum business card which includes Gold Elite Status as one of the benefits for the £650. We know that Platinum is what you really want so there was me thinking I will get to 25 nights and I’ll Platinum. Not so, the card benefit is elite status not elite night credits. To get platinum I nee to stay 50 qualifying nights. That’ll teach me to research properly:-) I’m only after the 120K sign up bonus really but Gold elite status and not elite night credits seems a lot less exciting.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,294 posts

Yes, unfortunately that’s how it works.

If you get the Marriott Bonvoy Amex then this comes with 15 elite night credits which does reduce the qualification for Platinum to 35 nights.

Kuestrian 58 posts

@Rob if I read it right the same applies to the £15K Gold elite status on the Bonvoy card not stacking with the 15 elite night credits, is that correct?

Matt 338 posts

@Rob if I read it right the same applies to the £15K Gold elite status on the Bonvoy card not stacking with the 15 elite night credits, is that correct?

Yes, unfortunately that’s correct. The only way of getting more than 15 nights from a credit card is to a) be in America and b) get a personal card and a business card.

Pangolin 111 posts

Yes, unfortunately that’s how it works.

If you get the Marriott Bonvoy Amex then this comes with 15 elite night credits which does reduce the qualification for Platinum to 35 nights.

Yes, and the 2x promo they now seem to run every Q1 helps to fill the 35 nights remaining. I’m already on 48 nights this year, thanks to 16 extra nights from this promo.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.