Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex Platinum – will I get bonus points?

• iandv 20 posts

Hi

I’m a supplementary card holder on my wife’s Amex Platinum account. I wanted to check before I apply that if she refers me I will still be able to receive the 65,000 bonus points and she will also receive 18,000 for the referral.

Any idea on how long the referral points takes to come through and show on the account.

SteveJ 979 posts

Eligibility clearly outlined in the article:
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/04/01/review-american-express-platinum-credit-card/

Referral points normally post within 3 days of card acceptance, often before the physical card arrives with the referred.

kelltoria 10 posts

Jumping on this thread rather than starting a new one.

For the new offer, should I be seeing a tracker to the £6000 spend on my new Amex Platinum or will the points and travel voucher just appear when I reach the target?

Pumatwin 12 posts

Also, would like to know where you can see the tracker?

zapato1060 639 posts

For the new offer, should I be seeing a tracker to the £6000 spend on my new Amex Platinum or will the points and travel voucher just appear when I reach the target?

There is a tracker on the app but took me a good month to first see it. Be patient and spend that 6k as quick as you can.

RK228 204 posts

For P2, the tracker never did show, but the points and £200 travel credit were promptly issued upon meeting the spend target.

Pumatwin 12 posts

Thanks both, for the info on when/if the tracker displays.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.