Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Amex UK points transfer to ICC MR – how?

• MH 7 posts

Hello, can someone please tell me how to transfer MR points from Amex UK to Amex ICC MR?
    Is it done via website or phone number?
    Thank you.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

You need to phone up the number on your ICC card. It takes about a week irrc. You can only do the transfer once every 365 day period.

memesweeper 1,256 posts

… be aware if you do this that you may get put through to an agent who hasn’t the faintest idea what you are talking about. Few people hold ICC cards, and I guess even fewer do a UK -> ICC transfer of MRs. Although these cards are internationally available I’d imagine calling in normal UK might reduce the chances of this happening, as I believe they are administered from here.

moe8555 41 posts

I actually just did a transfer ICC USD to U.S. Amex at 1:1, and the points posted in my American account in just two days. The representative (not from the UK) knew exactly what I wanted to do and how to do it. The call literally took three minutes.

memesweeper 1,256 posts

I actually just did a transfer ICC USD to U.S. Amex at 1:1, and the points posted in my American account in just two days. The representative (not from the UK) knew exactly what I wanted to do and how to do it. The call literally took three minutes.

Why do I never get that agent and service? My last but one ICC call involved me explaining what the product was to the agent!

MH 7 posts

Thank you all for advice.

moe8555 41 posts

Why do I never get that agent and service? My last but one ICC call involved me explaining what the product was to the agent!

I’ve been satisfied with the service level thus far, but it’s offset by the lack of “investment” in the ICC product: no metal card, no mobile wallet support, poor app, no access to amextravel.com, no chat support or other self-service tools, and no Amex Offers.

I’m on the fence about keeping it, but the insurance has been keeping me a cardholder. It handily beats anything I could get on a U.S. card or the non-U.S. local market where I reside (for example, kicks in after only a 4-hour delay of flight or luggage vs. 6 hours on the best U.S. cards available, plus rental car coverage that includes 3rd party liability even in the U.S., which is completely unheard of).

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    memesweeper 1,256 posts

I’ve been satisfied with the service level thus far, but it’s offset by the lack of “investment” in the ICC product: no metal card, no mobile wallet support, poor app, no access to amextravel.com, no chat support or other self-service tools, and no Amex Offers.

I’m on the fence about keeping it, but the insurance has been keeping me a cardholder. It handily beats anything I could get on a U.S. card or the non-U.S. local market where I reside (for example, kicks in after only a 4-hour delay of flight or luggage vs. 6 hours on the best U.S. cards available, plus rental car coverage that includes 3rd party liability even in the U.S., which is completely unheard of).

it also covers adult family members when they are not travelling with you — handy for my daughter.

moe8555 41 posts

it also covers adult family members when they are not travelling with you — handy for my daughter.

Yeah, my wife (my supplementary card) is flying with her mother later this month, and it’s a perfect use case example! I look at it as real money saved against the annual fee.

And also peace of mind as they’re flying an airline that has been prone to last-minute cancellations lately.

mckma8 2 posts

Appreciate this Isn’t a live/current thread, but I found it when I was trying to work how long a MR UK->ICC transfer would take so thought I would add a recent data point.

Brand new Green ICC, signed up for MR as soon as it arrived and initiated the transfer request with the Brighton based ICC team – the agent called the UK team to check the points were available in my UK MR account then sent a transfer request. Quoted a similar 5-10 business days / up to 2 weeks.

Points appeared after 9 days / 7 working days – no notification or any emails related to transfer at any stage.

There is a possibility mine took longer as my ICC application was linked to my NZ Amex but the points were from my UK amex.

Charles Martel 124 posts

Related to this, can MR points be transferred from Australia, New Zealand, etc MR accounts to UK at the currency exchange rate or is it just the ICC?

louie 118 posts

No, all currencies.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.