Help re an ANA cancelled flight, booked with Virgin Points
8th January 2022 at 12:54tom1
I had FRA-HND booked for March in ANA first, using virgin miles.
I noticed yesterday the flights were no longer showing in my virgin flights – and VS have confirmed the flight has been cancelled (no notice given).
Virgin say I can only rebook where there is award availability on ANA in line with their agreement with ANA.
Is this right?
Or should they rebook me whenever I want?
8th January 2022 at 13:03meta
- This topic was modified 52 years, 6 months ago by .
There was a discussion about this here previously. Have a search.8th January 2022 at 15:28Lady London
There was a discussion about this here previously. Have a search.
+1 loads of info and already asked with these particular operating and ticketing as well.
Do some external Google searches using site: headforpoints.com and search parameters. This works better as Rob removed indexing from the site for performance. External Google search or eyeballing the Forum topics or Daily Chat threads even pre-Forum should give you enough.
The key is to address all comms to Virgin and ANA jointly and ultimately mcol them jointly as they’ll waste your time pointing fingers at each other. You will get what you want as you’re entitled to but it’s likely to require you to follow advice on here and be tenacious.8th January 2022 at 15:29Lady London
*operating and ticketing airlines8th January 2022 at 15:30Matt
It’s a flight from the EU, so EU261 applies regardless of operating airline.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- Reney on Mortgage overpayments
- FREEFLIGHTS on KLM connecting flights
- Tracey on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- mkcol on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- Colin MacKinnon on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- hoog23 on Housefold account / combine Avios
- Blair Waldorf Salad on Chat thread – Saturday 25th June
- meta on Voco Dubai The Palm
- Blair Waldorf Salad on NYC Subway
- Bill on BA’s [upcoming] prepaid Mastercard
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.3 million of rooms to date. Click for details.