Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Help re an ANA cancelled flight, booked with Virgin Points

• tom1 63 posts

I had FRA-HND booked for March in ANA first, using virgin miles.
    I noticed yesterday the flights were no longer showing in my virgin flights – and VS have confirmed the flight has been cancelled (no notice given).

Virgin say I can only rebook where there is award availability on ANA in line with their agreement with ANA.
    Is this right?
    Or should they rebook me whenever I want?
    Thanks!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    meta 1,439 posts

There was a discussion about this here previously. Have a search.

Lady London 2,045 posts

There was a discussion about this here previously. Have a search.

+1 loads of info and already asked with these particular operating and ticketing as well.

Do some external Google searches using site: headforpoints.com and search parameters. This works better as Rob removed indexing from the site for performance. External Google search or eyeballing the Forum topics or Daily Chat threads even pre-Forum should give you enough.

The key is to address all comms to Virgin and ANA jointly and ultimately mcol them jointly as they’ll waste your time pointing fingers at each other. You will get what you want as you’re entitled to but it’s likely to require you to follow advice on here and be tenacious.

Lady London 2,045 posts

*operating and ticketing airlines

Matt 323 posts

It’s a flight from the EU, so EU261 applies regardless of operating airline.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.