Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Any experience with Aegean miles for upgrade?

• Rich_A 92 posts

I’ve had 11k Aegean miles languishing in my account for a while now. Turns out that’s just enough for a redemption (10,800 + €35) or an upgrade (10k) on the newly-launched and very convenient direct ATH-NCL.

Anyone know how to check upgrade availability? It seems you have to fill in a form with your booking reference and wait to hear back?

John 1,000 posts

The answer may be on Flyertalk / Flyertalk is a better place to ask this. Not done it in a while but I think if it’s available to redeem in business (booking class I) it should be available to upgrade – but also recall something about being put on a waitlist even when there is availability

Rich_A 92 posts

Thanks. I’ll see if I can dig anything up on FT.

Olly 242 posts

Hey Rich,
    I did this last year though with an upgrade voucher rather points – it’s a rather antiquated system.

After booking your flight, you have to call up and request the upgrade. They say that they will note the request and call nearer the time to confirm it (presumably if they haven’t sold the seats for cash). In my case they called the day before, to confirm if I still wanted to do so. I had to pay about £15 in additional taxes and it was all processed (though at check-in they had no record of this and asked me to pay again, but were fine when I told them I’d already done so).

So in my experience, the upgrade was not guaranteed but on board food and lounge access was well worth the wait. Good luck!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.