Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Marriott Bonvoy Anyone got anything decent from Marriott Week of Wonders?

• Backpacker 16 posts

Hi All,

Anyone got anything decent from Marriott week of wonders?
    The points discount was only for bookings in Oct, so not a lot of use to me!
    Anyone found anything else worth going for – any good purchases or redemptions?

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

Nah it’s been utter trash this year as it was last year.

Peter K 553 posts

I didn’t even look this year after last year’s ‘Week of Wonder why they bothered’.

Pdah1980 11 posts

Whoever runs this campaign should be sacked.
    It’s meant to add a positive element to marriott bonvoy but it 100% creates a negative feeling.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

I would have made a very nice return rebooking my Al Maha stay BUT there is a 30 day cancellation so I couldn’t!

Still mulling over booking a Homes & Villas stay as a mattress run for guarantee Platinum Elite renewal and use the £150 Amex cashback. Only thing putting me off is that nights don’t count for lifetime status.

Backpacker 16 posts

Unfortunately I’m not surprised by the responses – all pretty underwhelming.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

I would have made a very nice return rebooking my Al Maha stay BUT there is a 30 day cancellation so I couldn’t!

Still mulling over booking a Homes & Villas stay as a mattress run for guarantee Platinum Elite renewal and use the £150 Amex cashback. Only thing putting me off is that nights don’t count for lifetime status.

I am trying to place a 30 day H&V stay for next March but only getting a deposit payment option. I’d rather pay the whole thing upfront across 2 separate reservations to use up my 2 £150 Amex offers. Am I missing something re prepayment being an option?

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

I am trying to place a 30 day H&V stay for next March but only getting a deposit payment option. I’d rather pay the whole thing upfront across 2 separate reservations to use up my 2 £150 Amex offers. Am I missing something re prepayment being an option?

You can part pay with points – just choose 100 points. Rest will be taken immediately. This will trigger Amex offer, but not sure about status bonus.

lev441 43 posts

Got a couple of nights at The Langley for 45k per night rather than the usual 60k+..

gtellez 162 posts

I saved 1.5k points by rebooking one night, not amazing but better than nothing

George K 292 posts

Only thing putting me off is that nights don’t count for lifetime status.

…I feel I should have known this, but I don’t think this actually ever sunk in. Tried to look for this in the T&Cs but couldn’t find anything. Could you point me to the relevant bit, please?

bruinbrown 59 posts

I booked a couple of nights for early next year. Standouts are the Hotel Alfonso XIII in Seville for £210. The main reason for booking though is that these are prepaid rates but refundable. I booked the Barcelona edition for one night through FHR later this year for about £330. So now the 2 stays combined will be enough to trigger the Marriott luxury hotels offer on my Amex.

The rate discount was about £40 which isn’t bad either. I also booked an AC which saved me a couple of pounds as well.

Andrew. 482 posts

I had the email this morning about the bids to “win” a the closet redesign.

It was sitting at 510,000 points for the package when I looked. Can’t say it intrigued me.

Peter K 553 posts

It’s funny how Marriott work. When they took over SPG they became my #2 hotel group and were on course to become my #1…then they made negative change after negative change and now I can’t be bothered with them and earlier this year sent my last 100k points to BA.

I guess I’m not their target audience but they just don’t seem to get casual guests, only (maybe) business ones.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.