Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Aparthotels good for toddlers in alps

• DTR 105 posts

Hi folks

Looking for apartment recommendations ideally in a hotel type complex that’s suitable for families / toddler for an early Summer break in the alps (late June/early July). We stayed in Chamonix last year and loved it, but it wasn’t the most toddler friendly town/apartment hotel. So we wondered perhaps about the Italian or Austrian alps. There are lots of kinder hotels but they seem to be quite expensive even though it’s summer (Chamonix was a snip in June).

We’re looking for good quality ideally with pool/spa in the complex but doesn’t need to be 5*. Apartment is important though as we bring along the grandparents for help! Ideally 2k euros would be enough for a week…

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

memesweeper 1,256 posts

Pierre and Vacances have a variety of places in Avoriaz. I think the premium ones have spa/pool facilities. Its traffic free so a toddlers paradise.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

Note the kinder hotels include a lot of added value (i.e childcare pretty much all day and tailored to all ages) that you won’t be needing if you take the grandparents.

Presumably you also want somewhere with a number of child-friendly activities, too? If so, I wonder if a smaller village in the Ziller valley near Innsbruck might work? Only ever stayed in hotels down there so can’t recommend an apartment complex i’m afraid.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.