Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express Applying Personal Platinum car hire benefits to Avis / Hertz

• walace 26 posts

I’ve had my Platinum Card for almost a year and have just started to apply the benefits of my card to various hotel/car rental schemes – my bad, I know.

The hotel schemes have been very easy, they have just asked for membership numbers and they now show as pending on the Amex website. However, I’m having a real issue getting the car hire benefits.

I have signed up to both Hertz Gold Plus Rewards and Avis President’s Club previously, however I can’t find any way to get the Platinum Card benefits applied to either account. The links from the Amex website just take you an enrol page and I can’t see a process to follow to amend an existing account for either rental company.

Am I missing something here or has someone been able to find a process that works for either Hertz or Avis?

aseftel 266 posts

For Avis, add your Platinum card to your Avis account as a payment method, then email database.northern@bsc.avis-europe.com to ask for the status upgrade.

Angelamc11 195 posts

I also emailed Avis to get the President Club. I then did a status match with Hertz which was upgraded within 24 hours to Presidents Circle.

PlaneyMcPlaneFace 34 posts

May I ask what you get for registering?

Luca M 391 posts

May I ask what you get for registering?

On my last Avis Rental in Italy, I rented a category B car (FIAT 500) knowing that I had one category upgrade voucher (given to me for filling out a feedback from on a previous rental) and President club. They ended up giving me. 4 categories upgrade (Cat F).

You also have priority for being Preferred (often a separate desk and/or ability to jump the queue) and have Car parked in prominent spots /easy to get, prepared for you.

walace 26 posts

I e-mailed the address given above (thank you aseftel), it turns out the process for requesting the change for Avis is done through the following link:

https://www.avis-preferred.com/amex/

You just complete some basic information and the change request is processed in about 5 days.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.