Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Flight changes and cancellations help Avios flight cancelled – can you rebook to any date?

• NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Sometimes you are “offered” the option of changing but when you select that you are then told that it can’t be done online (the joys of BA IT). So I think OP hasn’t accepted any changes or the option wouldn’t be showing at all.

qc 205 posts

I definitely didn’t accept the changes – both sets of flights are showing the cancelled ones as well as the ones they rebooked me on and there is still the option to accept the new flights or change to new dates.

Yesterday you said there was no option to change dates…

There is the option to change but I couldn’t change it to the dates I want.

Lady London 2,048 posts

So far as I can tell from reports, the BA system (MMB) is coded to only let an avios booking be moved by the passenger online, only to a flight/date which has an avios seat available.

This is incorrect coding, as EU261 (now in UK law as APR) states specifically to the effect that where an airline cancelled the originally booked flight, the airline is supposed to book you into any available seat in same cabin. ie if they’re selling it you can claim it.

The other thing from reports that also seems to make passenger making own changes in MMB not work, is that it seems that if there has been an earlier change to the booking, changing things in MMB won’t work.

In these cases you have to phone. HUACA if you get the wrong one.

I have absolutely no idea why BA hasn’t fixed this… well, I do, actually 🙂

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Usually any flight with a domestic connection can’t be changed online either, which of course is really annoying if all your flights are from the regions!

JDB 4,378 posts

So far as I can tell from reports, the BA system (MMB) is coded to only let an avios booking be moved by the passenger online, only to a flight/date which has an avios seat available.

This is incorrect coding, as EU261 (now in UK law as APR) states specifically to the effect that where an airline cancelled the originally booked flight, the airline is supposed to book you into any available seat in same cabin. ie if they’re selling it you can claim it.

The other thing from reports that also seems to make passenger making own changes in MMB not work, is that it seems that if there has been an earlier change to the booking, changing things in MMB won’t work.

In these cases you have to phone. HUACA if you get the wrong one.

I have absolutely no idea why BA hasn’t fixed this… well, I do, actually 🙂

That’s not correct. We have had a number of BA Avios bookings, including ones with a 241 cancelled and have had no issues changing them online in MMB to flights without Avios availability.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.