Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Barclaycard Avios Avios Plus card failure saga continues

• can 506 posts

I wanted to use the Apple TV+ etc offer by Barclayscard, clicked the link in the email. It asked me to fillup a quick form: name, dob, postcode.
    Voila! It says they cannot find my records!

I’ve received the card last week already and using it.

Thank you, the interns of Barclays IT!

Rui N. 827 posts

Couldn’t you have made the title a bit more specific?

Aston100 1,374 posts

I wanted to use the Apple TV+ etc offer by Barclayscard, clicked the link in the email. It asked me to fillup a quick form: name, dob, postcode.

I’ve received the card last week already and using it.

Thank you, the interns of Barclays IT!

At least you’ve got the card!

CatchFlightsNotFeelings 34 posts

Haha @aston100 my thoughts too! You have the card – thats more than most of us 🙁

LondonFly 84 posts

So what’s the best thing to do if you have not received the card?

can 506 posts

Someone on flyertalk wrote his experience. They apperantly issued the card and the clock for the SUP started already, but he never received the card. Long story short, called them, wasted more than an hour so that the card can be reissued.

rum 275 posts

You just couldn’t even make this up!!

@Rob
    – surprised at your silence to be honest. Can you perhaps start having some conversations with some people at the top?

Aston100 1,374 posts

@Rob
    – surprised at your silence to be honest. Can you perhaps start having some conversations with some people at the top?

I may have missed something, but what influence does Rob have with Barclays?

NorthernLass 7,453 posts

There are at least 2 other threads on these issues currently!

Youllnever 182 posts

There are at least 2 other threads on these issues currently!

Exactly. Can we please have all these threads merged together? Not quite sure why people keep creating new threads for the same discussion.

Rui N. 827 posts

This is not the same discussion, this is about specific benefits for the card. The title is what needs to be changed here.

can 506 posts

This is not the same discussion, this is about specific benefits for the card. The title is what needs to be changed here.

Yes, it is not the same discussion, yet I cannot change my title..

The motto here is that the drama continues even after you receive your card.

NorthernLass 7,453 posts

@can if the wretched thing ever arrives it’s going to fund my final car payment then go in the bin!

Comrade Chag 79 posts

He directly worked with Barclays on this product.

rum 275 posts

This.

TerryTierPoints 72 posts

@Rob

My understanding is @Rob / HfP is a credit broker / intermediary for the new Barclaycard cards. He’ll have missed out on the fee for my application because the Barclaycard website didn’t work when I used the HfP link. Later I applied directly.

can 506 posts

@Rob

works there as an IT intern!

Comrade Chag 79 posts

@Rob

BlueHorizonUK 37 posts

From another site

Now it seems that for some reason cards are being issued with a corporate bank identification number (the first few digits of the card). This means that Curve will not allow you to pair a Barclaycard Avios card as it won’t accept corporate cards.

brassneck 24 posts

I tried to pay for my council tax with my card received today but that payment failed. A small Amazon transaction did work. Credit limit only £1500 so going to be hard work spending on this and £20 monthly fee is more than 1 per cent of the credit limit.

Harrier25 848 posts

Think, thank God for that and move on.

NorthernLass 7,453 posts

Except you’re stuck with an account which is charging you £20 a month and you can’t even get into the app to check it!

CarpalTravel 359 posts

Think, thank God for that and move on.

And shed a tear for your credit score. I think we have all learned a valuable lesson here. I certainly won’t be diving headlong into such offers in the future, especially with BA rapidly killing off the benefits of having Avios.

rum 275 posts

I tried to pay for my council tax with my card received today but that payment failed. A small Amazon transaction did work. Credit limit only £1500 so going to be hard work spending on this and £20 monthly fee is more than 1 per cent of the credit limit.

I managed to make a first purchase with mine on Amazon and it worked (item already dispatched).

I’m going to try adding to Curve and PayPal again later today. Will also try using it in a store.

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Have the Creation masterminds jumped ship to Barclaycard?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.