Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Avios subscription, does it earn double BA Amex points?

• sturgeon 193 posts

I’m considering this to build up my Avios with the massive redemption changes we are seeing. Otherwise I cannot fathom how 99% of the population will build up 150k+ of points now needed for a long haul business redemption for example.

Can the subscription be charged to the BA premium card so every £ spent earning 3 Avios instead of 1.5? Does it count as a BA transaction and will it also presumably count towards the £10k annual spend to unlock the 241?

ClubSmed 174 posts

Yes, it will count towards your annual spend
    No, it will not be counted as a BA transaction as the Avios points are transacted through another organisation
    Yes, you can pay with your BA Amex card for annual subscriptions, not sure about monthly

Hope that helps

stevenhp1987 331 posts

Opting into the subscription service means you are buying Avios speculatively, which is probably not a good idea. You could find yourself on the end of a devaluation in a years time.

To answer your question you will get 3 Avios per £1 if the transactions is processed via BA. I am unsure if this is the case. I would imagine it would be processed by Points.com? However, it seems the T&C do allow you to cancel the subscription within 14 days so you could do a tester transaction if you like.

It would, of course, count towards the £10k annual spend either way.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.