Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Car rental Avis preferred weekend voucher becoming more useless

• yonasl 954 posts

Putting this here is many BA/Avios player May use Avis.

Seeing less and less the point of Avis Preferred seeing that their prices are usually 2-3 times that of other providers and now …

Effective 25/05/2023 Free Weekend Vouchers will no longer be applicable for use in Denmark, Norway and Sweden until further notice.

Blackout restrictions will apply from July 1 to October 31 2023 (inclusive) in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Iceland.

Blackout restrictions will apply from July 1 to August 31 2023 (inclusive) in respect of all other countries. As you will be aware from our “Avis Preferred Terms and Conditions”, in some limited circumstances, certain rewards made available to customers under the “Avis Preferred” programme may be subject to availability and blackout restrictions.

This means that Free Weekend Vouchers cannot be redeemed for any rentals taking place during these dates.

PeteM 709 posts

I was just wondering where to post about this! 🙂

Hogdiesel 20 posts

The drafting is reasonably hilarious – it’s a regrettable step, but necessary to help meet summer demand. Er, apart obviously from those customers with vouchers. So it nothing to do with demand, and everything to do with revenue.

Lula 204 posts

How often are you meant to get free weekend vouchers via Avis Preferred?

sloth 315 posts

Also just received the same email so As they are obviously struggling with demand I’ve just cancelled a booking and moved it to enterprise to help them out…

If they want to offer vouchers but then make them too hard to use people will just go elsewhere

Luca M 391 posts

Received this email but I have actually never got a voucher…

However I do not agree with the OP about cost: of the main providers (Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, National, Six) all of which I have status via Paltinum /MasterCard World Élite and status matches, Avis has been consistently the cheapest (via the Amex Platinum/MasterCard WE discount code)(Italy, Iceland and USA) and I have consistently been upgraded in class. So if price is ok, I will still book with them to get the free upgrade and discount.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.